Booster Pack Weights

Hey guys, first post here although I’ve been lurking for a little. I know weighing packs is kind of looked down upon, and I agree, but when you’re dealing with eBay it’s something that you can’t avoid. I purchased some loose boosters from eBay and am considering opening them if they are heavy (yes I know this is very unlikely), and leaving the light ones to collect. I was wondering if there’s any sort of general list of heavy/light weights from different sets. I know it’s hard to tell when you’re dealing with loose packs as opposed to a box, but I’d be willing to risk it a little if it’s in the general ballpark. I’ve looked on eBay but couldn’t find any data for some sets, namely Neo Genesis. Sorry if this thread doesn’t belong here, I don’t plan to do anything scummy, I would rather open/sell a heavy pack and leave the light ones to the collection. Thanks.

I’ve been on the forum for a little over a year and I’ve never seen a post disclosing different weights for specific sets. If it has been discussed on this sight, it sure doesn’t come up often.

Check out TCA Gamings YouTube channel, he has been opening a lot of packs lately and I believe he mentions the weights usually. People don’t post that information publicly here because it is frowned upon like you mentioned.

2 Likes

Yeah that was my first idea. I did a real quick look and didn’t find anything but I’ll dig deeper.

What’s stopping you from weighing the packs and sending them back if they don’t happen to be heavy packs? I’m obviously not saying you specifically are going to do that, but somebody else stumbling upon this information might. Most people over here don’t want to be an accomplice to that kind of scummy behavior.

1 Like

TCA will sell packs light or heavy. Pretty sure he will refund you if the heavy pack is light. Think I heard that in his opening videos. I also think you can get a slight discount if you buy them and let him open them for his YouTube channel.

That’s the best deal/service I’ve come across. Real quality guy.

Have fun !

Sometimes it´s almost impossible to weigh packs as they are just to close in weight. I tried to weigh Neo Discovery, there was heavy packs which contained non holo rares and lighter ones that had holos in them. In the end I ended up opening the whole box, only 4 of the 12 heavies I weighed actually contained holos, the rest was in lighter ones.

3 Likes

I think that deal on refunding or guaranteeing a holo is only if you let him open it on his channel. Otherwise, how does he know you didn’t just replace the pack or card when opened?

He’ll send you a heavy pack, but there is always that chance it could have a non-holo. I have seen him get it wrong a couple times now. After team rocket it can be really tough to tell heavy from light. Wonder if he’s lost a decent amount on those refund deals when he does a live opening. His views are crazy high though cause he keeps opening up packs lol

There is nothing wrong with weighing your own personal packs. There’s not even anything wrong with weighing packs you sell, as long as you disclose whether the pack is heavy or light. Assume all packs on eBay are light, unless you can find unweighed packs straight from a booster box being sold by a trusted seller.

For base set unlimited packs, I got weights of around 21.1-21.2g for light packs and 21.5-21.6g for heavy packs. I believe the holo card alone is approximately 0.3g heavier than a non-holo card.

Well said. I personally don’t have a problem with weighing unless you’re being shady about it. I’ve seen plenty of sellers on eBay and others selling a booster for a pretty good price and don’t specify if it’s heavy, light, or unweighed, then I check their profile and they’re selling heavy packs at the same time. I always assume they’re light but I recently came across some packs from a seller that doesn’t deal in Pokemon so I’m holding out hope.

1 Like