Show Off Your Error Cards Megathread!

Im hooked lol.

2 Likes

Somethimes I’m really proud of myself for spotting an error card that I didn’t even know existed. :smiley:

But other times I thought I was the smart one for spotting a possible error card. Turns out it probably isn’t. :cry:

3 Likes

These two just came in. :heart: It’s a shame their condition is that bad but still really cool errors.

8 Likes

One of mine from the recent purchase thread the other day; two matching OC Radiant Pokémon with corner dots on the bottom left.

7 Likes

Texture Shift Metal Pikachu!

15 Likes

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving :green_heart:

6 Likes

My new crimped gloom, it isn’t amazing but it is the first one I have with some extra damage to it. I have seen others like it before so I do know that it can happen.

4 Likes

Got a few, but this one I’m probs okay to part with.

3 Likes

Newest member of my Pokédex collection is this red ink dot error Typhlosion. Glad to have a new error for my gen 2 part of the dex. :smiley::heart:

9 Likes

Picked up two cards recently.

Jolteon “No Shimmer/No Sparkle” Error - Jungle Unlimited PSA 8

I own (Dragonite Unlimited, Dragonite 1st Edition) and have sold (2x Kabutops 1st Edition) a few No Shimmer/No Sparkle errors from Fossil, but this is my first from Jungle. Didn’t even know that they were out there!

Now for this second card, I’m not sure what to call it. Maybe a dark ink variation? In person, the card’s border looks darker and the reddish background is a bit more prominent than a typical Hitmonlee from Fossil Unlimited. This gives the background the appearance of a “fresh brushstroke of paint.” Have any of you seen this before? I have a 1st Edition copy that is similarly “dark printed.”

Hitmonlee Dark Ink Variation? - Fossil Unlimited PSA 5

9 Likes

I was watching that hitmonlee on PWCC. Thought it looked weird and could be an error but didn’t know if it was just some problem with the scan or possible damage to the card so I decided not to bid.

If you get it shipped back to you, then you should upload some more pics of it!

1 Like

@A.P.Speeze

Here are the additional pictures.

7 Likes

Been on ebay ages.

1 Like

I had seen this! Wouldn’t CGC have recognized the error if it was that dramatic? I can’t help but think that the seller is adjusting the saturation or contrast. I would love to see it next to a normal copy.

Heres a friend of mines example.

8 Likes

Cool cards! Was the ink error acknowledged on the middle slab, or just the holo shift?

Just holo shift i believe. Theres some huge variation in colours about. Some are way more dramatic than others. Hitmonlees one of the more dramatic ive noticed.

1 Like

I pulled the worst kind of “error” on my birthday. Looks like the card was squished at some point during the printing. Everything is mint, minus the ridge going down the middle.

3 Likes

Oow, nice ones! Shame you can’t hold the Hitmonlee, not sure what it is but I would assume it has thicker cardstock and therefore has more ink applied to the card. Cards with thicker cardstock also have “bold” text because of it. And jup, that Jolteon is very cool. Nice find hehe :smiley:

1 Like

Here are my recent pickups

Top left: minor ink dots

Top right: Pop series 6 Chimchar with a
misaligned back (front is well centred), and small obstruction error

Bottom left: Ink spill?

Bottom middle and bottom right: connected water obstruction errors

9 Likes