Show Off Your Error Cards Megathread!

I think the term “holo bleed” is used far too often these days. The really severe ones are crazy, but I wouldn’t consider 1 or 2 sparkles that much more special. And even in sets like secret wonders, they are severe enough to catch the eye but they happen so often that nothing is special about it. Same can be said for a lot of modern holos.

5 Likes

Yeah, it does get bandied around a lot these days (especially with the poor production quality of modern). I’ve found it quite uncommon to come across bleed on most WoTC product though - there are more than a couple of sparkles in these particular cases, but I’m terrible at photographing them at the same time with the lighting. :joy:

Agreed that the likes of DP and Neo Rev holo bleeds are nuts in the best kind of way, even if they’re not the rarest of sights!

This card in a PSA 10 is on my short term goal list!

Just a miscut, really really cool though!

8 Likes

Great looking card! And seems to be in great condition as well. :blush:

Btw, we also have a dedicated miscut thread in case you’re unaware. Although I guess it’s also an error card. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

The “Matrix Vaporeon”

It is designated as an error by cgc - Additional ink.

Thought you guys might like it

10 Likes

Have we decided if extreme holo bleeds count as errors?

4 Likes

Is this considered an error or misprint? What’s the difference between the two?

My lugia has black ink right below 80 HP.

I thought this was normal

This is normal?

2 Likes

Wanted to post my base set mewtwos that all have a printer hickey! Had these sitting in my to grade eventually pile and figured CGC would be the best bet for authenticating the errors. Keeping the 8.5 and giving everyone else a chance at the 8’s on auction. But yea thought these were really cool!

6 Likes

I’m new to modern sets. But check out my inked up ditto.
imgur.com/a/Gp6JDZk

Missing holo layer.
Very Nice! Are you saying this Blastoise has plain holofoil background and is missing the usual star pattern I am curious.:bellhop_bell:

Love it when beauties like this pop up; it’s crazy to me that there are even pieces like this out there in such good condition. Can’t wait to get it encapsulated.

Q: Does anyone know if I can get CGC to encapsulate it normally vs. having the back showing on the front of the slab? I really dislike it when they do that.

12 Likes

Missing a black ink layer. Unfortunately CGC wouldn’t acknowledge it :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Just pulled this lil stubby

Just opened 5 Evolving Skies blister packs and three of them were open already. One of the open ones had this crazy error.

7 Likes

Am I the only one who looked at those Mewtwo cards and thought the error was on the CGC label? CGC’s number centering on the 8.5 should count as an error. I mean who approved that? WTF

I’ve seen a lot of questionable centering grades from CGC… this just adds to that pile. Weird standard for an 8.5 even just from a quick glance.

rainbow error dragonair

5 Likes

Sorry I didn’t mean the centering grade itself. I meant the left white box on the label where the 8.5 grade is written. It’s so misaligned.

1 Like