Should I be worries about this 1st Edition Stamp?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post/question on the efour forum and I have a question regarding this 1st Edition Lt. Surge’ Raichu and it’s 1st edition stamp. I have a decent 1st edition collection of Gym Heroes & Gym Challenge and this is the only one with a stamp of this nature. I know there are variations in 1st edition stamps, but unsure if this is one of them.

Here is a picture of the card:

imgur.com/a/fg8Ntd7

I agree it looks off, can you take a closer pic or maybe with a loupe? And welcome to E4

This is the best I can do at the moment with my iphone camera imgur.com/a/UqvLSiR

Looks super fake, try to rub it off

Is that really the best course/recommended action here? I’m afraid attempting to rubbing it off may cause damage if it’s actually legitimat.

If it’s legitimate it won’t rub off :wink:

2 Likes

mega sus

1 Like

Fake as fuck

1 Like

Thank you everyone, I had my doubts about the stamp as soon as I saw it and wanted to see what you all thought. I bought this card off an eBay auction and the last thing on my mind when looking at pics was looking at the stamp. I’m going to contact the seller and see what they say, I tried to rub it off a bit with my nail/a microfiber cloth and then ink appeared to start rubbing off slowly.

I’m going to hold off on rubbing it completely off as I want to record the process and use it in a claim/refund if the seller doesn’t agree to a return.

the rest of the txt and ink on the card look very clean and the wear is only in the stamp. No way that naturally happens

So if not naturally, are you saying it could be a misprint or it’s a fake? Or both?

Fake. Misprints from the official factory don’t rub off. What @wisewailmer is saying is that it looks like an authentic unlimited card that got a fake stamp from a private person, not affiliated with WOTC.

1 Like

The stamp is also too far to the right.

It looks very fake and the seller is trying to scam you (unless they are new). Just do a return, item not as described on eBay. You don’t need to take a video. I wouldn’t even message the seller personally