IS THIS 1ST EDITION GRADED CHARIZARD FAKE????

hey guys I’m new to this forum and decided to create an account here because I need some help…recently I purchased a psa graded 1st edition charizard. I collect them and I already had two others that are graded…however when I received my new one I noticed the stamp seemed to be off centered…so I am asking the question is this real?? if its a fake how in the world would psa make a slip up like that!! I have attached photos of the charizard I have please help me out, thank you!!! if you need more pics please let me know I will upload more.

imgur.com/a/AixFj

The one on the right looks like the other fakes we’ve seen, I’ll say yes.

Yes

1 Like

how could psa let this happen?? they grade cards of crazy value and they are supposed to be an authentication company and they make slip ups like this?? thats insane…

Yep, Looks like the other fakes that we have seen on here. Awesome that really sucks.

I don’t know how an “authentication” company can make a slip up like this when the average Pokemon collector can find this error…really makes me doubt psa

1 Like

Does it happen to be PSA 7, serial #27665524?

yep

I’ll PM you.

Ouch, another one :confused:

yeah no worries guys… EBAY CASE HERE I COME! lol

3 Likes

Same one was noted in a couple other conversations here.

Ah okay, that makes it a tiny bit less worrisome.

Why don’t people think this is a printing irregularity? (There are tons of other ones on the books.)

When you find a 1st edition base set machamp or non holo base set 1st edition with this "error’ let me know. That is the reason.

3 Likes

The fake stamps in question wipe off. The one encased has the same alignment issue and minor font related issues as well.

www.elitefourum.com/t/base-set-1st-edition-caution/14783/1

Damn photobucket lost the photos from this thread, but googling “1st stamp wiped off pokemon” in google image search somehow shows the original photo that @pottsinator linked.

The same could be said for the PSA 4 miscut 1ed 'Zard that recently popped up, right?

Is there any evidence you’re considering other than the fact that you don’t see another Charizard with this irregularity?

I would definitely agree with you if the stamp were to wipe off.

And for the record, I’m also inclined to believe it’s fake! (just not sure)

Just pointing out that I had psa crack mine and nothing wiped off. Card coming back tomorrow for us to look at

2 Likes