Base set 1st Edition *CAUTION*

Purchsed these two charizards from the same seller and after receiving them, they turned out to be 100% fake. The stamp wiped off completely with just the slightest touch and looked still wet when it was in the ultra pro case. The cards looked fine in the listing but unfortunately are just shadowless zards with a very detailed 1st edition stamp.

After contacting the seller, he claims to have not been aware they were fake and had Purchsed them from someone else. The cards were inside an ultra pro case and the screw was hot glued in place so that story might be true since the cases were super hard to open, but I don’t know. I’m in the process of getting my money back with a PayPal case. Hopefully no one else comes in contact with fake 1st Ed stamps…

5 Likes

Good luck mate, I hope you can get your money back. Shame people think it’s alright to do this.

3 Likes

can’t understand how someone would damage two beaut cards to try make some money

8 Likes

that really sucks balls man. hope you get your money back.

those are some really nice looking stamps tbh… kind of makes me worried buying a 1st ed zard now…

Really dodgy looking actually, make sure you’re familiar with how a real stamp looks before you lay out the big cash though!

1 Like

Press F to Pay Respects for those now ruined Shadowless Zards.

6 Likes

Been waiting for this to escalate. Guess it is now.
Several have come in to PSA recently and been rejected.

To be safe, buy graded with serial numbers pre 25,000,000. They are getting better and flawless ones could slip through soon hence ore 25 mil.

I’ve always advised to steer clear of any cards where BIG value is in an added stamp. A good example is the recently posted Raichu with the aftermarket stamp. That is a VERY simple foil stamp to reproduce again.

5 Likes

Would be very interesting to find out who is doing this sort of thing hopefully can trace it back to the source

1 Like

Ruining beauties like these, should be a crime. I’m mad and i’m not even involved.

Really hope you get your cash back mate!

2 Likes

Ooh shit.

This, assuming the seller is speaking the truth it would be really important to find person who is doing such bs. Keep us updated @pottsinator how things turn out.

the thing is, when/if you do get your money back, you will probably need to send them back, then the seller will probably stick them back on ebay saying “error” 1st edition charizards.

2 Likes

Lol yep FADED 1ST EDITION STAMP CHARIZARD HOLY GRAIL?!?!? NOT PSA 10, ZUBAT, CHANSEY

3 Likes

Has there ever been a known case in which PSA was fooled by a fake stamp?

As the technology to replicate the original stamping gets better, my only hope is that perhaps the technology to spot a fake can get better as well.

It’s certainly concerning though, especially for those interested in purchasing non-graded cards.

At least my Thick 1st Edition PSA 10 Charizard was graded a long time ago (pre-15,000,000).

Never seen a suspect thick I don’t believe.

A while back I think somebody mentioned a suspect PSA one and they may have posted it here on e4. Anybody else remember this?

bruh i can tell, but zooming is usually required. did he use small ass photobz I came across these on ebay and it was quite a few, and i got ultra paranoid and zoomed in back in my early collecting days and around 2014 to, i have em saved somewhere. But you can tell the N looks super wierd and the E. so messed up.

1 Like

never fear, the japanese have this honor thing. Its extremely rare for a japanese seller to go against this honor. That word beautiful goods has given me nothing but gems hehehehehhe. Accept once. xD … However that could change with my mails that are coming in.

1 Like

If the stamp was still wet does that mean it was done with the wrong ink or was it freshly done? With the price of shadowless zards rising like they are this is just straight retarded being as the stamps rub off once touched so nobody is gonna be fooled and the guy who sold them is 2 shadowless zards worth of cash down haha.

Extremely Interesting points to be thinking of.
The dude probably was fooled.