The Fake Stamp Surveillance Thread

Hi All,

i thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where the community can add links to listings of cards that appear to likely have a fake stamp.

by doing so we can potentially avoid one of our community members purchasing a card that isn’t authentic.

I’ll kick things off with this card;

www.ebay.com/itm/1st-Edition-Shadowless-Charizard-base-Set-/263174069008?hash=item3d46659b10:g:lmgAAOSweQBZpChv

what do people think. looks a little off to me?

I can’t tell by the pic but the bid activity on his one feedback is suspicious.

I brought this guy up in another thread. Look at his previous sales. + selling resealed 1st ed blisters

I started to note the PSA Registry number of fakes in another post, I’ll copy it here. Should keep track of sellers and registry numbers so we can find them using the search function on the site:

PSA 9 Venusaur PSA Registry #27646696 27646696
www.ebay.com/itm/302406856739
eBay seller: eer35 www.ebay.com/usr/eer35?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

PSA 7 Charizard PSA Registry #27665524 27665524
www.ebay.com/itm/322628147507
eBay seller: calvinsunplayedcards www.ebay.com/usr/calvinsunplayedcards?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Fazool’s: PSA 4 Charizard PSA Registry #25787594 25787594
eBay seller: marcdelvi www.ebay.com/usr/marcdelvi
note: has sold and continues to sell fake stamped cards.

8 Likes

Oh i just linked his blisters in another thread… almost bid on both, its so hard to tell :slightly_frowning_face:

The title made me giggle.

FAKE STAMP POLICE! GET ON THE ****ING GROUND!

/whips out badge/

13 Likes

Crap, I didn’t notice the stamp on the Venusaur and bought it a couple days ago . . . what’s my best recourse? eBay claim? Send it back to PSA and hopefully get compensated and removed from the market?

I think that might be the best move, it will also bring another Fake Stamp to their attention, leave negative feedback warning others of the seller, PSA should compensate you on what you paid for it, but the sad thing is the seller is still getting the money.

So its either return it to the seller and get your money back, seller gets negative feedback and looses the money but will most likely relist it straight away.

or

Keep it and contact PSA via Smprattes method and get a refund from them for what you paid but the seller still wins :slightly_frowning_face:

i like to subtly provide giggles to our members :wink:

1 Like

A BADGE CAN BE FAKED JUST AS EASILY AS A STAMP!!! :nerd_face:

Thinking like a criminal. Maybe too much so.

The T on your badge is looking misaligned with our seal… :triumph:

1 Like

I have a badge with t on it?

Im not understand

Would it be ethical to make fake shill bidding accounts that win every auction for these fake stamp cards?

I say yes. In fact, I wouldn’t be adverse to you cutting off his hand.

4 Likes

Is the dot in the picture something that comes from the stamping process?
Could we use it to identify whether a stamp is legitimate or not? and are they on all 1st ed cards or just some?

Hadn’t noticed that before but took a look at mine and only 1 of them had the same mark in the same location.

Could you look at the ones that don’t have it under magnification to see if there’s truly nothing there or if its just to faint to see with the naked eye.

Edit: Actually I can confirm it comes from the stamping process because the dot on my grey stamp card is also grey.

I dont have a scanner or magnifier of any kind. but with my naked eye I can see the printing dots that make up the card and and fairly confident there is no mark on all but one of them. I took a quick photo of one of the ones without it. Hopefully that’s high enough resolution to see.

i.imgur.com/4Dq8fGn.jpg

2 Likes

Look garinson, violence is not the way. We have to approach this with a calm and rashional uk-ston way. I shall start by putting a rattle snake in his bed whilst he sleepstons. I’ve decided.

Hey Charlene I’m still trying to figure out what you ment by t and badge and stuff. I demand answers! :alien:

1 Like

No snake in his boot? I’m disappointed.