Potential fake 1st ed stamp?

Hi guys, I know this topic has been delved into a bit, but I haven’t been able to completely clear up my question by reading first, so I hope this isn’t redundant for most of you.
please keep in mind that I have already tried gently wiping the area to rule out it being a poor quality surface ink stamp

I have this red cheeks pikachu that has some substantial amount of reverse stamp on the back but something just isn’t sitting right with me about how the stamp looks on the front. It’s much more glossy and reflective than the card stock around it, I have compared it to numerous other cards that I have and the others have no distinguishable difference in gloss compared to the ‘stamp’ area itself. Can someone put their two cents in on this for me whether I am being paranoid and it was just a particular run of ink that was excessive or if it could possibly be faked. Thanks in advance for your time guys!

I’ve had a few cards like this as well, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. A full frontal of the Pikachu would help too :wink:

Here is a straight on shot of the card to rule out any mis-positioning

1 Like

Looks good to me!

Check this link out and under base set last error is

‘‘Back Stamps: Some 1st editions cards had their 1st edition symbol stamped too hard resulting in black ink bleeding through to the back of the card. It is unknown if holofoils suffer from this error.’’

the reverse stamp seems more like the ink pressing off from the card behind it in the pack, The amount of ink that would need to be applied to bleed through would bleed outward and make it muddy

This looks like all of the other back side 1st edition stamps ive seen, very cool error indeed!

@quuador, you got this one yet? You dont seem to have this one in your spreadsheet yet

@thymeee Yeah, it’s in my spreadsheet (rows 21, 22, and 23). :blush: I actually have two of the those, and one with a white back stamp.

Some more info about them here: www.elitefourum.com/t/1st-edition-stamp-variations-lets-iron-it-out/17624/1

Greetz,
Quuador

That link definitely seems more plausible as to how the ink gets transferred, The white stamp mystery will prevail i guess

I wouldn’t worry one bit about the authenticity of this Pikachu. I have several Base 1st cards that have similar stamps on the obverse just like this card. More recently this year I opened a 1st ed Base booster pack and 3 of the 11 cards had stamps visible on the back. Congrats on this neat error. What makes it even better is that it’s a Red cheeks Pika!

:blush: