Eevee Fake 1st Edition Stamps

Most of us have heard about the eevee d error from jungle but this is the even rarer eevee p error from rocket :wink: On a more serious note has anyone seen another one of these?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is a fake stamp. Here are some examples of a real stamp, notice how the alignment and clarity are different from your copy:

5 Likes

Oh thank goodness that wasnt a real error

6 Likes

Before i bought this i studied various eevee 55/82 and found other examples like this but without the error. Just had a quick look for one aligned the same as mine to show you both as an example. Im going to purchase a raw copy aligned the same as mine and compare because it looks legit to me.

What an odd thing to fake the stamp on

6 Likes

Pokemon rocket english 1ed card # 55/82 eevee (evoli) | eBay Interestingly enough this seller has one like mine and one like the more common alignment. Ill post the more common alignment below…

All those stamps look fake to me

1 Like

This is my eevee…

So basically ebay is stacked with fake 1st edition eevees ( i wonder about all the other cards now ) or there are different print runs?

Imagine wanting to trick the community with a non holo common

1 Like

Im going to do a bit more homework. Having a lil look at other cards in the set the stamps alignment moves all over heres a few examples… ill find better soon. Plus the clarity is different on different cards aswell. These two examples are alignment which are clearly different from each other…

Eevee - 2000 Team Rocket (1st Edition) - 55/82 - PSA 8 NEAR MINT-MINT | eBay Heres 3 eevees with the 1st edition stamp moving from right to left a bit at a time. Furthest right to start from then middle then slightly left and then the next progression would be mine and the other examples already listed above. This doesnt prove my card real or fake but it shows how the stamps can shift unless all i post are fake 1st edition eevees.

Heres the pics of all 3 from the 3 listings above…

Well this is interesting, i should check mine aswell. If i find differences i will check cardstock because it might be a difference from EU to USA printed cards

1 Like

I checked mine that I pulled from a box I bought in the UK and they have the clearer-type stamp

1 Like