Shining Mewtwo price check - Thanks!

Hello, I need help with a price for this card. I’ve seen it sold on Japan in damaged condition for as much as the psa8 on ebay, so I’m a little confused^^

1 Like

no one?

You can go to psacard.com and check out graded then improvise. Plus, did you check closed listings or weren’t there any?

I did a cross check between the auctions I was following on Japan and the sold listings on ebay. Since I saw the card with damages being sold in Japan for as mush as the psa8 on ebay I was confused on how much I should value it.

Which market do I use as reference? The japanese or ebay? Or both?

1 Like

When you take it all into account, what number do you come up with?

The ones I’ve seen on Yahoo went for around 180$ like the sold psa8 on ebay, but the raw cards were damaged/not NM-Mint.

That’s why I’m confused, the seller is asking 230$ for the mewtwo I posted, don’t know if it’s too much/in range/or low

$230 for a damaged Japanese copy seems rather high

2 Likes

No idea for Japanese but I do know Japanese is usually cheaper. I bought a ungraded English one in light played 1st edition for $180. So your saying a damaged Japanese for more doesn’t make sense. I just picked mine up a few weeks ago

For the mewtwo I posted they’re asking 230$ and it should have minor imperfections, no damages.

The Mewtwos I saw in Japan were sold in various auctions for around 180$ and had damages, while a psa8 mewtwo sold for around 180$ on eBay. I expected the market in Japan to be just a tiny bit cheaper, that’s why I’m confused. @kpod, @mcorey777,

1 Like

Japanese collecting seemed a little daunting but it’s something I wanted to collect a few sets in. I’m noticing about the same thing as you with there not being a huge selection of good quality cards. The ones I wanted or are thinking about are Aquapolis. Skyridge. And Gold Stars in Japanese but unless I dive into the middle man route it might be pretty challenging. So I’ll look back into it at a later date. Been sticking with English in the meantime and skipped those cards The Shining cards are epic tho I did manage to collect all those in English