Price check: 1st edition base mewtwo PSA 9

Hey all can someone give me an estimate on what the psa 9 1st ed base mewtwo is worth? Struggling to find any market on this…
Thanks

There’s one sitting on eBay now for $444.95

I wrote down a few completed listings back around July/August. They are expired from the eBay sold listings now. They were $410 and $440. So if you go the eBay route, prepare to pay at least $400

Thanks mate. That one at 445 does have a ‘make offer’ option so I’m not sure how low they’ll go. So someone is asking 425 for one but I’m not sure what they’re actually worth… if I was asking the non eBay route what do you think is fair?

From a seller’s perspective on eBay, a $450 card will cost them about $50 in ebay fees (sellers, correct me if I’m wrong). So the eBay seller would only be making about $400.

So in essence if you buy one at $425 from eBay is pretty much the same as the seller not paying the eBay fee and splitting the benefit 50-50 (going outside of eBay you loose eBay’s buyer protection though). So in my opinion, $425 is fair, leaning more towards overpaying rather than getting a deal.

Yeh the seller actually has some free listings so he avoids eBay fees anyway for this listing. I would be getting it with a venusaur at 525 so I guess shipping is split…

But yeah; my opinion is that if it’s done over ebay, it’s a totally fair price based on the sale history from my first post. If done off ebay, I think it’s a little high for me considering the inherent risk of buying off ebay.

In the end, it’s really up to how much you are willing to pay for the card though.

1 Like