1st Edition Base Set Mewtwo PSA 9 - $6.5K

Hey everybody,

I would like to add the following card(s) to my collection. Card name and offers are listed below. Payment made through Paypal. I am located in the U.S. as well :blush:

**1st Edition Base Set Mewtwo, PSA 9 - $6,500

1st Edition Base Set Raichu, PSA 9 - $4,000**

Please let me know if you or someone you know has either of these cards and would be open to parting with it. Thanks!

3 Likes

Great offer… I’m shocked there are no bites.

1 Like

I’m not.

This is an unreal jump. I picked it up for 400 bucks in late January. It’s a collection staple though, which I’m sure so many others are saying too. I wish you good luck finding a seller!

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve always thought Mewtwo should be up there closer to the upper-echelon of the base holos. Dude was an animal in the games.

dang, solid, but didn’t someone say that a few alakazams sold for 8-10k each? i think mewtwo has historically been a bit more, but good luck! this is a tough market for buyers/true collectors.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, they sold a few days ago. There was a PSA 9 Mewtwo that sold for $5K on eBay yesterday that I missed out on by minutes :slightly_frowning_face: . I’m hoping to get one at least close to that range before I start looking at 8’s.

@gengarguy , 2 new listings for a PSA 9 1st edition Base Mewtwo popped up.

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-Base-Set-Shadowless-Holo-Mewtwo-10-PSA-9/284051415386?hash=item4222c8a15a:g:ciUAAOSwU4lfjoOt

www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-9-Mint-Mewtwo-WOTC-Holo-1st-Edition-Base-Set-1999-Pokemon/264905564270?hash=item3dad9a206e:g:Y40AAOSwUE9figPC

1 Like

Yikes, $3k jump in one day. Might as well look for PSA 7-8 quickly

Welp, it looks the PSA 9 thick stamp Mewtwo I had just posted sold almost instantly at the full buy it now price ($8k).

The other Mewtwo that was listed is our own @subf 's. So consider reaching out to him about his.

1 Like

Raichu has been acquired. Still looking for a mewtwo! :blush:

2 Likes

There’s an eBay auction for one ending tomorrow. I think it was a short auction so you may have some better luck with price on this one

Just want to let you know that copy is actually very weak. The back looks like a 6-7 at best. Just a heads up.

1 Like

Oh wow, I just noticed that. Yeah, looks like a 7 at best assuming there are no surface scratches.

Yeah, I have that one on my watch list. I’m hesitant to bid with how rough those back edges are, I have psa 7’s that are cleaner than that one :sob: . I messaged the seller for some better photos, but as of now I’m holding back as I would honestly prefer a PSA 8 to a really weak 9. Either way, I appreciate everyone keeping an eye out for me!

@gengarguy yeah I mean I have some 10s that have some whitening or a tiny holo scratch or something that may have been missed by a grader and I’m ok with it because I just really wanted a 10 of the card and I understand that lots of 10s have flaws and there is variance within the grading process. All that being said, this is a blatant misgrade of several grades and the fact that it’s already over $4k means a lot of people are just buying the grade and not the card. If I was you, I’d definitely pay a premium for a copy that actually looks like a 9.

If you prefer the card over the grade, I have an 8.5 (pics on my eBay) that looks much better than the one referenced on auction.

1 Like

Both cards have been located! Mods can now lock this thread (I will make a new thread for my next wants)

2 Likes