Shilled 1st Ed Blaine's Zard Auctions?

Shilling is the only explanation I have for this and this

If it’s not the case, does anyone know what’s going on here?

Both were bidding wars between two people. None of the bidders have any unusually high bid rate on that sellers items when you check their names.

Do you think they’re trying to inflate prices, refuse to pay, and then list their own? I can’t believe that anyone likes the card THAT much, considering there’s a PSA 10 chilling for around the same price.

I see it all of the time when I bid on items. People will insist on outbidding you even when the same card is listed for less by another seller. My strategy is to set my max bid at the most expense alternative on the market and then go from there.

seems like a dangerous idea considering someone may list something way overpriced

Wrong choice of words on my part. Meant that my maximum bid on an auction is always the lowest buy it now of that same item in ebay.

Doesn’t look like shilling to me but…you can get a PSA 10 graded one for 235…

That is beyond ridiculous, o would expect a non paying buyer is I was selling the card.

ah the good ol’ if i can’t have it you can’t have it.
style auction.

I have had this happen to auctions of mine in the past, though quite infrequently (probably only once or twice ever of thousands). Literally had the “winner” at the end message me saying “holy crap, I just put in a $1,000 bid because I really wanted this item. Didn’t expect it to get to $XXX, I am not paying.” When two or more of these moron bidders meet, here is the result. I would be fully expecting non payment for each.

1 Like

Exactly This. I remember having a blastoise base psa card end similarly to this auction. The winner messaged me about how they couldn’t pay. I re-listed it, it earned less, guess who won and could now pay…

3 Likes

I just really love Blastoise

5 Likes