ebay seller Cardrushinc shilling?

Just curious as to what experience people have with this seller

www.ebay.com/sch/cardrushinc/m.html?LH_Auction=1&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=pokemon&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Basically I bid on a bunch of items, didn’t win any. Then I get 2 2nd chance offers, right after the auctions end, seems like possible shill bidding to me. Why else would they want private listings, where you can’t see the bid history? Also so many items ending high…

Anyone else think this looks like shilling?

Depending on what items you were bidding on, it could be a possibility that the seller had multiple of the items and was willing to let them go for the price you bid, thus the instant 2nd chance offer,

but the private listings + your observations of items ending high in price are red flags

1 Like

If you still think it’s a good deal, I would go for it.

However, if you are uncomfortable with the new prices and feel like you are being taken advantage of, I would disengage from the seller.

Your observations make it a pretty huge red flag, and the fact that you immediately got 2nd chance would be suspicious for me. However acebren made a pretty fair point too.

However, his previous listings used to be not private…not sure if the listings look shill to me (lack of experience) but you can judge for yourself:

www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/292436238732?item=292436238732&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/273051501409?item=273051501409&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/292433577296?item=292433577296&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

I’d be suspicious too. Some of his auctions last night ended stupidly high. I was going to bid on the full art celebi but forgot and slept thru it. Looked at the final price just now and was dumbfounded. I was expecting like $75 or something but it sold for $350?? The darkrai for $450?? Second chance offers are for the birds.

Don’t feed the shill bidders which is what this dude 100% is.

3 Likes

This seller actually has a huge card shop/ shipping warehouse near my area, and r known for their huge inventory but not so much for their selling practices…

1 Like

I personally never touch a listing with private bidders.

4 Likes

The first one looks shilled to me

Thanks for the input everyone!

These 36 pack lots were ending stupid high. Like near identical to what wowlootsellers had identical lots for sale that haven’t been sold in a long time. The only lots that seemed reasonable were the ex sandstorm ones.

1 Like

I don’t understand the need to do private listings anymore anyway since eBay jumbles the buyer names and you can’t know who the bidders are anyway unless you are Sherlock Holmes.

The well known sellers are easy to spot because of the feedback and static random name. I know everytime Gary bids on a charizard :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Without a doubt shilling.

The PSA 10 Darkrai is back on auction. Last night before I went to bed the card was sitting at $50 and around 6 bids I believe. I placed a bid for $199, and wake up this morning with it at $200 and 20 bids lol.

SHADY AF.

Have you looked at the feedback? The positive feedback looks really weird. A good chunk of feedback comments are just one word thats not typical to feeback like “trust” or even some are incomplete words.

2 Likes

Did anyone else receive suspiciously quick second chance offers?

I spoke to ebay customer service, and they were not able to confidently say that this seller is a shill bidder, despite my advice to look at the rate of second chance offers, winning bidder % activity with this seller, and the tendencies for those auction winners to pay.

honestly it would be very difficult to prove that to ebay. It’s best just to avoid that seller

1 Like

This is what I was looking for, I made a post the other day too see if he was on the forum, because they are definitely without a doubt shill bidding scum bags. I wouldn’t trust any of the auctions this company does. Once again last night a flashfire PSA 10 zard ended on the auction, today it’s back up again. It’s happened a few times. Same cert numbers and everything. Auctioning for an extremely ridiculous price. Stay away.

1 Like

In general, anyone using the “private bid” option is shill bidding. There are a couple other guys out there doing this regularly. Best to avoid them entirely.

2 Likes

I just won a lot of 36 Secret Wonders packs from them for $215, or about $6/pack, which I think is perfectly reasonable. Their negative feedback has one low feedback buyer claiming their packs are weighed, so I guess I’ll find out for myself soon.

I hope it was a sealed box. Otherwise, I hope you need a bunch of non holos;)

1 Like

They described the lot as “unsearched,” so I guess I could file a claim if I get a rare parade. Though I wouldn’t mind 36 reverse holo Zards :blush: