The most obvious shilling ive seen in years

Just annoyed and wanted to post the sour grapes from a few days back. High bidder for 7 days on a low pop card I’ve been looking for with a high bid at 900% higher than previous sales. With 15 minutes to go, 0 feedback buyer comes in with shill bid to see my high bid. Retracts a minute later. Another 0 feedback buyer bids me up to my max, and then finally a “real” buyer steps in to win it. I could have bid more but was so annoyed by the blatant shilling that I assume the seller was in on it. Annoying that ebay even allows retractions within a certain time period.

7 Likes

First time selling my cards on ebay in a while, i have 100 psa cards listed that end in 4 days. It’s only been 3 days, and i cannot believe the amount of retractions im already getting. So incredible how desperate some people are, i sincerely don’t understand.

I keep blocking the 0 feedback but can only do so much. Fortunately, they don’t plan on winning.

3 Likes

Wait, there are previous sales for that thing? lol

What eBay should do is charge people to retract a bid. Like, 1% of the current bid or something like that. It would really dissuade shill bidding. I’m honestly not sure why they haven’t done something like this.

4 Likes

or just outright stop retractions with, 6 hours to go, or something like that

1 Like

@zorloth, I completely agree with that.
It’s too bad people are able to screw with auctions with basically no repercussions.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying but all that causes is for a shiller to win the auction then it go unpaid anyway.

1 Like

mo money [in the hobby] mo problems [in the hobby]

1 Like

Sad you had to deal with this s**t

3 Likes

I’m not excited about this. Have a bunch of cards coming in that I’m going to try to sell :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Sorry you had to deal with this. My auctions have been littered with problems, too. I had one guy message me and say he wasn’t going to pay if he won because “I was removing bids”… when the reality was he was looking at retractions. Well, he didn’t win and the buyer didn’t pay either, so we’re all happy here. Just peachy!

1 Like

EX PSA 10 Sceptile?! Sorry that happened.

1 Like