Shadowless starter deck or not?

Hello my fellow pokepeeps.

Question. How can you tell the difference from the unlimited base set starter decks from the shadowless ones? Does the fact that Machamp have no 1st edition stamp an indication that it is a shadowless deck?

Isn’t this the deck where if the seal is gold it’s shadowless?

1 Like

The photo of the Machamp is not a definitive way to distinguish if it is shadowless. I have two shadowless boxes that I opened, both have images of a 1st Edition Machamp on the back.

I believe this is the only way to definitively tell if a deck is shadowless. It needs the gold strip for the seal. All other possible variants/different packagings have turned out to be not shadowless. @thecharizardauthorty might be able to give more information on this.

Ahh thanks for the responses guys, very helpful :blush:

I bought several sealed theme decks off of a guy a while back and he said the clear wrap was definitive. There was someone on Youtube who found opened one and it was not shadowless. While all of the ones the other guy sent me ended up being shadowless, it may have just been a fluke. The gold strip is the only one that I know of always being shadowless(so far).

With all due respect to everyone above, there ARE 100% definitive ways to tell which are shadowless or not, and which are shadowed error starters w/o opening them. It’s too complicated to explain but I always offer my friends and customers the option to mail theirs to me and I’ll tell them exactly what they have and mail them back.
Yes, there are several ways to tell with pictures but without 100% certainty.
PM or email me (garyis2000@aol.com) if you want my address.

1 Like

Yes, there is a definitive way to tell if you have it in hand.

1 Like

Shit that’s intriguing… Was expecting you to say by opening it!

2 Likes

It’s like The Magic Circle…

1 Like

#Illuminati

1 Like

@garyis2000 is a tactile psychic!

1 Like

I opened a non-gold wrapped deck and it was Shadowless. I did buy it from Japan though, so that may have helped.

Yes, a huge majority of the center logo starter boxes are shadowless…but not all. The secret is in differentiating those.

I don’t actually have this deck to hand. I just came across it and found it a bit odd that there was a machamp with no 1st edition stamp. If I ever do ever need help in identifying one if I happen to obtain one, I’ll be sure to take you up on your offer. Thanks guys :blush:

Just a guess but are the shadowless decks packaged differently in some way that you can tell if you have the deck in hand?

Actually, the vast majority of starters are packaged the same whether shadowless or not. There are some rare anomalies…