Shadowless 2-Player Starter Set?

This should contain Shadowless cards, right? It has the correct date and artwork. Or did I just get burned and I’ll end up with a $20 Unlimited Machamp? :grin:

I guess I’ll find out soon enough… I like to gamble anyway. Here’s hoping for a mint or better Shadowless Machamp + fresh bulk.

It may or may not – you need to see where the deck is located once you receive the package to determine if it’s shadowless or not.

1 Like

Would you care to clarify? I’ll probably open it anyway and sell it opened for like half what I paid if it’s Unlimited, but I’d like to know how you guys determine that. I also heard if counters are loose in the box it’s Shadowless, or does that mainly apply to theme decks? Total noob here.

Shadowless 2-player boxes will have the 60-card deck aligned to the upper side of the box I believe with the damage counters on the other side – if you shake the box and the damage counters are moving around, then it’s more than likely a shadowless box.

1 Like

Much appreciated. Just came across the very same info elsewhere. Crossing fingers. :blush:

So I just received it today and I’m pretty sure it’s not Shadowless. :sob:

I think I’ll just keep it as is and hold for a few years hope to at least get my $90 or so it cost with Global Shipping. You win some and you lose some. :blush:

Wrote a guide on it, check it out sometime. Yeah, unfortunately the energies don’t always mean shadowless, there was the transition period between the old and new boxes as far as I know. My rate has been probably 75%-80% of them being shadowless, but I have had my fair share of shadowed ones so imo its always worth the risk.

2 Likes

AFAIK the ones that are not shadowless with the format shown are supposed to contain the diglett error. For my first several, this was the case, though I have heard of situations where it wasn’t.

1 Like

Yeah, I had this in my guide, but I have had a few where the error was no present so I don’t think its 100%. But always worth it to check, will only be out a small amount of cash if not!

2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for the info guys.

Yeah, it was a total gamble from a non Pokemon seller so I would take that chance any time. I either end up with a $50 box or a $200+ one with a very small chance a potential Gem Mint Machamp($1000+) if I chose to open it.

Now I’m curious about the Diglett error. I’ll update this thread if I decide to take a peak at what’s inside. :blush: