Non Gold Stripe Shadowless Theme Decks

How are they identified? I have some with first edition stamps on the cards printed on the back of the box.

No guarantees as far as I’m aware, but if you have a case and the first deck you open is shadowless it’s very very likely the rest are shadowless

Two steps.

1. Put up a pic of the back of the packs you’re wondering about.
1 Like

Step 2: :thinking:
Step 3: Profit

1 Like

the 2 player starter is not shadowless

2 Likes

There’s nothing that would indicate shadowless on those so there’s a high probability they are not:(

1 Like

Thanks fellas. I’m not disappointed that my boxes aren’t Shadowless. I expected as much. I was asking more because of an auction I was thinking of bidding on. The seller has at least a shadowless Starter set, yet they claim there’s a 99% chance the other base theme decks are shadowless. You can see it here if you want to take a gander yourself…

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Sealed-Starter-Deck-Theme-Deck-Lot-Base-Set-Gym-Challenge-Complete-/264198494609

Comparing my Base theme decks to theirs I now have doubts that they are shadowless.

Lol, wonder where they got the 99% chance, that makes no sense in the first place. Its a 50/50 gamble unless it has that gold stripe. I forget where I found the article that broke down the probability because they opened a huge amount of boxes. I am sure it is on this forum somewhere to, i’ll take a look.

1 Like

I read somewhere on e4 that if a display box was opened and one of the decks was shadowless that the others would be. Of course that would make it a 100% chance of being shadowless.

1 Like

That’s the only way it can be 100% without the gold stripe. They were all from the same box and one was shadowless. Then I would agree to it being a 99% chance.

I’ve done some research today and have found a common denominator for the shadowless decks that are not gold striped. I’ll be posting my findings and evidence in a new thread this evening. So far my theory has held true to 100%accuracy with over 20 examples. I’ll gather everything together and make the discussion shortly.

4 Likes

Dude, that’s awesome!

Turns out I was just getting dumb luck on that 100% accuracy. I found more examples that showed otherwise but in all of my research I came up with some really interesting stuff. I’m posting it in the articles and guides section now. It should at least give us a rough idea of how the shadowless cards were distributed through the theme decks using the changes that wotc made to the packaging.

1 Like

No worries. You’ve moved us one step closer to solving this age old mystery. Heading over to the Articles & Guides section now.

I had an absolutely awful time getting my laptop to cooperate so it took me forever to post. I normally post from tapatalk on my phone as it is much more convenient and I actually get notifications but the app wouldn’t let me create a post that long. But, it’s up now!