Shadowless Charizard PSA 10 - NOT $20,000 ;)

www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-CHARIZARD-HOLO-SHADOWLESS-1999-PSA-10-GEM-MINT/192409870529?hash=item2ccc85a0c1:g:ikwAAOSwlptaQqtd

Will I ever get one of these at this point? :sob:

So if I had bought the one for $3k last January Iā€™d be up $17,000.

Had I won the one in June for $5600 Iā€™d be up over $14,000.

If I had bid $1000 more in August Iā€™d be up nearly $8,000.

It hurts guys. It hurts.

5 Likes

Karma for all your psa 9 shadowless chansey hoarding :blush:

6 Likes

I told you guys, Shadowless has the potential to outrun 1st Edition in price due to the scarcity. Weā€™re seeing it.

EDIT: It was Gary. He sees it. :wink:

3 Likes

Haha! Thatā€™s one way to spin it.

I would say the right Charizard just hasnā€™t shown up yet. :wink:

I still like my lower graded Charizard better than most of those cards mentioned anyways.
And donā€™t worry about your Chansey, sheā€™s safe and sound. :rage:

1 Like

I agree, some of 9s Iā€™ve seen look better than the 10s that have been regraded 10 times.

I still have to give Gary the steal of the year on that Pristine copy a few months back. :blush:

Edit: Never mind, just aw the other thread discussing 1st Edition vs. Shadowless.

[Does anyone know what total amounts of 1st edition and shadowless were made? I always figured shadowless was a way to get more cards to the market when Pokemon exploded in the US. WOTC was able to simply remove the 1st edition stamp (to limit 1st edition numbers) and keep printing with the existing color separations until the replacement art was finalized, or until the printing plates wore out. So it wouldnā€™t surprise me if there was less of shadowless than 1st edition. I could also see where there might be more shadowless than 1st edition, but because it was not immediately discovered, and was played with by kids, resulting in limited amounts in great shape.]

I see your point and I agree but I was referring to my card because of the color more so than the condition. It is so hard to find a mint card with the card stock color Iā€™m referring to. I think a thread is needed to show the differences for the few folks interested. Basically, I prefer a 9 with deeply saturated color over a common card stock 10 though I do want one for my 10 set either way.

What do you guys think this will do to the confirmed shadowless box prices?

Thatā€™s interesting. I have a 8 and a 9 and wondered why the color was so different.

@nanger9 Your guess is as good as mine. Iā€™m not aware of any recent sales, so Iā€™d assume in private one might be able to buy one for $15-20k but on the open market or at auction probably $25-30k easy. Possibly more.

Congrats on yet another great acquisition @garyis2000

1 Like

I feel yaā€¦ I had the chance to get all those to but didnā€™tā€¦never thought we would see it go up this amount so fast. absolutely the top card with the craziest price spike in Pokemon lol

It has a Holo scratch. Looks like Iā€™ll be keeping my $20k.

Things arenā€™t always as they appear;) which is why you canā€™t depend 100% on prices.

Explainā€¦

Not yet, but I can vouch for him as a reliable seller.

Iā€™ll make sure it gets relisted.

www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-GEM-MINT-POKEMON-CHARIZARD-HOLO-SHADOWLESS-1999/202163122766?hash=item2f11dc724e:g:Z58AAOSwWLBaQqtZ

Didnā€™t like the centering? Saw additional pics that changed your mind? We need deets gary olā€™ chap!

ā€œYouā€™ll earn $100.00 in eBay Bucksā€ Tempting :blush:

1 Like

The top to bottom centering and the slight edge wear on the back would be my guess but maybe some foil stuff too?
When I looked at some of his other cards I noticed flaws that wouldā€™ve constituted either regrading or re-encapsulation servicing if I worked at PSA. If half the cards in the submission get 10ā€™s and they are exceptionally hard cards to grade that tells me that the grader rushed through their work or the cardā€™s truly are high quality. Since I saw some flaws it left me to assume that the grader was to blame. This is why Iā€™d be willing to pay more for cards from other batches such as the lot that was sold not long ago with the $500 Blastoise.
Iā€™m glad the seller is a reasonable person and I can vouch for him in regards to his quick communication as I asked about another card earlier.
I guess we can put a line through the $20,000.

1 Like

The number of shadowless 10s he got in that submission flabbergasts me. Charizard, Blastoise, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Ninetales - jesus. He said he opened and stored them in 1999, then used a regular olā€™ 10-day submission to PSA. Nuts!

1 Like