Selling Bulk Pokemon Cards

So I tried searching through E4, but didn’t come up with anything… maybe I didnt use the right keywords. Any recommendations for getting rid of bulk commons/uncommons/holos etc? I know I can obviously google it and I have found a few. I usually use TrollNToad for stuff but I would rather someone’s experience with a certain company/vendor/etc?

***Honestly, I would rather trade or give some of these cards to fill some of our members sets. I have also some GX’s and EX’s I dont really care for but may just keep for keepsake.***

**Edit: The main bulk is from Burning shadows and XY Evolutions, most are mixes of some other XY sets.**

Haven’t started selling yet, but I know people will recommend selling them in Complete or near to complete sets. I’ve seen many listings of sets with all the commons of a set or all the cards in a set to anything in between. It’s a nice way to charge a premium for cards since people don’t like to buy individual cards and still help people out with the convenience of not searching for every single card. Also, If you have some random “niche” cards like grey stamps, some of the rarer foreign languages, or especially Base 2000 then hit me up cuz I would be interested!
Hope this helps!!!
Mjisaacs

1 Like

I mean I might buy any sort of NM English bulk Pre BW, like C/UC, Rares, holos, RH, and ultras

1 Like

@mjisaacs
@pieterpie

Sorry I should specify what the bulk is. Thanks for the tips. Its just so many cards to go through… This is many S&M and XY set cards. The majority I think are Burning Shadows and XY Evolutions, the rest are just random packs I have opened as well. Only new set that I was trying to get was burning shadows specifically for the hyper rares.

Those will be much harder to sell since it’s so abundant, but I still say selling them in sets would be the best option.
Mjisaacs

1 Like

Yeah I was just watching Scott about bulk, so I may change my mind lol

Not many of the C/UC sets seem to sell on eBay, and you should factor in the value of your time.

Basically you only get 3 cents per card through bulk, but if you sell in lots, it seems $15-20 on a good day, after letting it sit on ebay, and piecing the sets. Then - $3 for shipping, - $2 for paypal, ebay fees

Personally, I would just check for any valuable cards, like Guzma and Acerola, and bulk everything else

^ Exactly what I was thinking

1 Like

First off, the worst way to sell them is to resellers like Troll&Toad. They are making money off you when you could make that money yourself.
Remember Gary’s rule #1: If someone offers you something…it’s a bad deal for you. A good example are all those buy gold and silver commercials. Does anybody really believe that if it was a good deal for you, they would offer it to you?
Either stick them into sets or just hang on to them till you can. Heck, they won’t depreciate to what t&t offers you ever anyway. They might even go up a penny or two.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the advice.

I agree with Gary, especially on bulk. I did sell to Troll&Toad once and it was GXs, promos, full arts, etc… that I got pretty much for free. They gave me about 50% value($2-4 per card). I was happy with that as it’s just too time consuming for me selling $5 singles(-fees - stamp - enveloppes).

How many cards are we talking? I think you can net about $0.10 on your bulk doing lots with a GX included for like $20.

1 Like

Probably about 1000+, I am for sure just going to get rid of the code cards as I don’t play online. I will probably have em sit for a bit. I am in no rush, but I dont like clutter, and neither does my wife but hey its my man cave so… lol

My wife didn’t like bulk either until it bought her a new house lol.

4 Likes

You can try to dump everything on ebay and you can include the codes as well. I also don,t know what to do with mine. lol

1000+ Bulk $120
Now I’m not sure what you have is of as high quality, but I still think you can get about $100.

1 Like

Haha thats great! I am sure mine will come around in the future :wink:

I sold about 20,000 bulk to T&T when they were offering a crazy .07 right before the crash to .01.

Current bulk value is at the lowest I’ve ever seen since I returned to collecting back in 2012. Pre-BW sets would command more value, but XY-SM bulk is extremely hard to move due to flooded supply vs. drought demand. Piecing it out on ebay might get you more than selling to T&T at the current rate of .02, but it’s a very slim gain, if any, after fees and shipping multiple packages. You also have to consider the time spent photographing, listing, and physically preparing each package for shipment. At only 1,000 bulk, there’s really not much to gain.

If I were you, I’d pick out any playable cards to sell separately and send the rest to a reputable shop.

Oh… I guess I’m the only one that buys those then :sweat_smile:
Mjisaacs

Where would you suggest is the best place to find playable cards? i know the official tcg site has the championship decks listed somewhere. However for non players what would you suggest please?

Usually trainers are the uc/c playable cards rather than the uc/c pokemon ones. Mainly standard but are there expanded and legacy cards worth looking out for?
I know you wont have a list :stuck_out_tongue: or know them all but a general www direction would help alot ha! I am going through my bulk over the coming weeks. I have it all in sets, trainers etc but picking out the ones worth £1+ from the bulk is my main aim.
Cheers

Lol! if you are a set collector and dont need/want to crack boxes for them then why the hell not! ^.^

1 Like