People who are buying bulk C/UC

I’ve seen a lot of people are buying bulks c/uc cards.
I’m just wondering - what are you doing will all those bulks? What do you need them for?

you can bulk them for around $0.03 a card. If these people have real stores/businesses they can sell these at a minimum of $0.10 a card. That is a penny stock investment can be a good payout if you have the customers.

So they just flip them for profit?

I feel like flipping implies that it isn’t a legit business. Here are some cases where reselling the cards could add value.

• Some cards in older sets don’t see a whole lot of play and get a breath of new life in the expanded games. The modern card ADP GX pairs very well with the double-dragon energy from XY Roaring Skies. Playsets of 4X for double dragon energies have sold as high as $11 right now - I’m sure the price will flow up and down over time. Other examples are basics with abilities (energy evolution eevee may rotate out, and people will still want that turn 1 evolve); basics with high hp/0 retreat cost; or cards with wordings that allow for more flexibility in modern (like how Bridgette only applies to “non-ex” basic pokemon, so GX and V cards are allowed).
  • Bulk c/uc cards can be an investment. I know I’m about to cherry pick, but skyridge PSA 10 uncommons are selling well above the $50 mark right now. Grading cards like these in bulk is finally starting to look profitable for some sellers. Even if the price drops some due to a surplus, there are collectors that go for full PSA sets.
  • Collectors tend to want to “catch 'em all” with raw card binders. Especially if they’re species collectors (i.e., getting all Pikachus or charmanders).

Sifting through all of this bulk is tedious and certainly deserves some sort profit!

2 Likes

Have nothing against flippers :blush: Just trying to understand why are buying those cards. Thnx for the info.

My mistake - I’ve trained my brain to read ‘flippers’ as having a negative connotation from COVID (in the context of the general public’s opinion of Clorx wipe hoarders) and misread.

I like to buy bulk because I like to look at the cards and sort through them. I also make giftboxes to send to all my acquaintances with children who like pokemon and send them a box for birthdays and other special occasions. Same with bulk pins, stickers, jumbos, etc. They all make a kids day when its a surprise and they generally dont care if they are commons/uncommons, they are just psyched its cards to play and trade with.

Most people buy bulk to repurpose them into mystery lots on eBay or amazon, which they can sell to make a pretty good profit. This is by far the primary reason that you see people buying bulk. Many stores such as troll and toad are always buying bulk and are sitting on millions of cards at any one time that they will use to make lots to sell on ebay and/or amazon through their subsidiary Golden Groundhog. Here are a few links to ebay listings from stores like ccg castle and stfgaming. As you can see, at 100 cards per lot, the amount of bulk they need to sustain these listings adds up fast.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-Lot-100-OFFICIAL-TCG-Cards-Ultra-Rare-Included-GX-EX-MEGA-HOLOS/151239684662

www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-TCG-CARD-GIFT-LOT-100-OFFICIAL-CARDS-1-ULTRA-RARE-INCLUDED-V-GX-EX-MEGA/272060897867

Golden Groundhog (Troll and Toad):

www.walmart.com/browse/toys/pokemon-cards/golden-groundhog/4171_4191_9807313_4252400/YnJhbmQ6R29sZGVuIEdyb3VuZGhvZwieie

www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Lot-100-Cards-Groundhog/dp/B07GBCKMJ2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=golden+groundhog&qid=1606688343&sr=8-2

1 Like

I used to sell the Bulk I’d get, because I was quite lazy to sort 500k+ cards. But now I see a interest in Complete (or near complete) C/U sets, as many are starting to make binders now, so they come in handy and you can slap a premium to sell them that way also.

wow! I didn’t know those mystery pack were still a thing lol. Thanks for the info, now it makes perfect sense.

The simple solution to this is just to list the bulk on ebay rather than sell it to someone who is just going to do the same at a margin, albeit organised differently