"Bulk" Prices

Hi all!

I’m curious to know what going rates for bulk are.
Most specifically, for ultra rares but I’m not sure if people generally stratify them into certain sections or not?
ie) One blanket for all ultra rares or is it like primes $3, ex $2, EX $5 etc.

From what I’ve seen most retail type stores group them together. Generally in the $1-$2 range for all Prime, lvl X, ex and EX lines. We’re you looking to unload a bunch?

Common/Uncommon - .06
Reverse Common/Uncommon - .10
Rare - .15
Reverse Rare - .15
Holo Rare - .20
Energy - .04
Trainers - .06
Bulk EXs - 2.00
Bulk Megas - 3.00
Bulk Primes - 1.00
Bulk Legend Pieces - 4.00
Bulk Holos from Base-Neo - .50

These are standard. You might get a penny or so difference with some buyers. Reverse C/UC are also a bit hot right now and I’ve seen specials for JUST those as high as 15 cents each. These prices only apply to English cards.

in holiday season (december this past year) saw c/uc go as high as .09 i would also not get rid of most ultras or wotc holos at those low rates, better off trading them for at least double those values.

Do you know how much old school exes go for?

Never seen them bulked.

1 Like

Thanks @funmonkey54

I don’t want to make a fool of myself before I start wanting to buy on places like virbank.

If you’re buying bulk, be warned: it is a SUPER competitive market. And the more popular model these days is trading sealed product for bulk. Good luck!

1 Like

So if I offer those rates there… People won’t want to sell?

Can’t say. You’d have to try it out. If they don’t, just adjust.

1 Like

If you don’t get a seller, you could always buy some sealed product to trade, although trading is inherently risky on its own.

Figure out what you can sell for first and your costs.

When you start buying you will have to pay more than an established store/buyer as no one knows you. As you build up a reputation/clients you can start lowering prices. It takes time to build up a business and reputation.

With Canadian shipping prices, trading would not be feasible.

anyone got an updated bulk prices please? for UK and are we talking from wholesalers or ebay? not reads thread…not got time right now ha.Ill pop back later to comb through.

Cheers

when buying collections etc the per card varies from like 15p to like 50-60p for holo,reverse rares etc mixed in.

Well bulk rates that Charlie posted are generally the most you will get from bulking your cards.

Only differences I would say are people paying .20 on all reverse holos now, not everyone pays .04 on basic energy, and just in general, I don’t bulk except for c/uc, because you lose a lot of value in your cards that way. I would think, most people being collectors on this site, would probably prefer to have NM/m primes than $1.

But not everyone on FB is smart, and there are opportunities to buy cards below these rates, not often though , and you won’t get much more unless you take specific pics and go for a buylist type thing (TandT)

Ive bought several collections being 100-500 ish cards for rares reverse holos etc and around 1500 for a mix but mainly com n uncom plus few hundred rares. I find most the time the cards arent as described…I spend £100 of 1st edition cards recently, they came in maybe 8s condition and has the smell of smoke :confused:

Why do people trade bulk for booster boxes? I might be stupid but I can’t see the profit for the guy with all the uncommon/common cards. Im even struggeling selling EX cards, so selling of the bulk would be a pain.

I have been wanting to collect bulk a while myself, but only cause I want to have a HUGE collection and I want all cards to be loved

If you have seen on Pokebeach, there are people who have large amounts of cards and packs they trade for bulk.

Bulk is used for ebay lots, if you haven’t seen them, those are the ones where its like 50 cards for $15 and comes with 1 ex and a few holos /rares

these are high volume low margin sellers, similar to how the margins on new boxes for $90 shipped on ebay just seems too low …

There is clearly big money in it.

They sell those 100 card lots on eBay/amazon. Loads of them apparently.