Seller Cancelled Order. How to Leave Feedback Anyway.

Bought and paid for a completely functional Nintendo Switch tablet only. Got it for a steal too ($133.40). No more than five minutes after payment, they cancelled!!! I receive a notification that the order has been cancelled and refunded because the item is out of stock or damaged. Uh huh, ya don’t say? :unamused:

I dug around in my account for a way to leave feedback. The listing was hidden and nothing jumped out as obvious. So, after a little Googling, I found a direct link to feedback. I thought it may be helpful to someone else in the future.

www.ebay.com/fdbk/leave_feedback?

Had this happen to me as well. I happened to refresh eBay one night early in the morning waiting for a friend and saw an unlimited fossil booster pop up for $1 buy it now (I assume a mistake). I quickly snatched it up and within minutes the seller cancelled, but the catch was he never messaged me about it and his reasoning for cancelling was “the buyer requested a refund” which I obviously wouldn’t do. Searched for a while on how to provide feedback, and this was very helpful.

Unfortunately, eBay immediately sided with him and after talking to support they said they would talk to the ‘escalation team’ about it, since I assume this behavior is a no-no. Haven’t heard anything back though.

Y’all are vicious. If it was an honest mistake, I’d personally let it be. If it was an auction or something I’d be more inclined to leave negative feedback.

1 Like

Yea i mean are you telling me if you honestly list something by mistake you would definitely honour the sale?

Im referring specifically to this 1$ fossil pack. Imagine being that seller.
If the buyer messaged me and said sorry it was a mistake id allow him to relist at a fair price.

All the seller has to do is call eBay and they will remove the feedback.

In ebay’s eyes as long as the seller refunds you should be happy.

There is nothing you can do about it, it sucks but it’s the price of buying stuff on eBay.

Good news for you the Switch Lite is out next month… $200.

After all it was an unlimited fossil pack so it’s nothing major. If he would’ve simply messaged me and said, hey this was an honest mistake and then sent a cancellation request, I would’ve happily accepted that. But what kinda rubbed me the wrong way was the fact that he never said anything about it to me and then blatantly LIED to eBay telling them I asked for a cancellation, without giving me the option to do anything, just to save himself… that seemed kinda dishonest to me. And I don’t know every rule about eBay but I’m fairly certain that’s not something your’e allowed/supposed to do. Maybe I’m vicious, who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea fair enough i understand that, the guy probably just panicked though and didnt think of a better way to handle the situation. My guess it was an honest mistake handled poorly afterwards, but in some ways understandable.