Seasonal-Themed Pokemon Cards?

Hi all, looking for help identifying cards with strong seasonal (i.e., winter, spring, summer, fall) ties!

Specifically, I’m looking to include a page or two in my binder for each of the four major seasons, with the goal being to have fun themed art to look at. Winter and spring are pretty easy, but summer and fall are a little less so.

Summer: What cards scream summer to you? I’m thinking something with pool party or tropical vibes, e.g., the Starmie V alt art or the Tropius illustration rare, but anything works. :pray:

Autumn: Anything with red leaves, I guess? I know of a few of these but if anyone knows fun ones please do let me know!

I guess I’ve preferred full arts to some extent because they help create more of an atmosphere, but am completely open to regular cards, just to be clear. Thanks so much!

7 Likes

Love this collection idea! VERY nice comp too.

1 Like

Haha I appreciate that. For fun, here’s my current mock-up for winter, using what I’ve got (still need to acquire 1-2 of these, admittedly):

Edit: Also, please do suggest anything you think might fit better here/replace anything. I’m just trying to create an art page I’d enjoy looking at. I’m fine chasing down cards I don’t have yet (as long as it doesn’t cost a grand or more to acquire), so feel free to comment however you want!

2 Likes

I’ve always liked these for winter, and a nice summer heat lotad. I hesitate to post on your collection thread, so I’ll delete it if you want. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice collection. For summer what about either of these Lapras?

2 Likes

PLEASE post anything and everything you feel like here. I’m not done refining these pages and I really love the input.

All of these are great. The sweatered Vulpix in the Sapporo Pikachu is so nice, and that Weedle’s more endearing in this context than any Weedle has the right to be.

2 Likes

These Lapras are perfect. I’ll slot one in forsure. Just have to decide which (I’ll put both in as placeholders for now, and maybe I’ll just pick one based on what fits best with the rest of the comp once I have more slots set!).

1 Like

Autumn essentials, somewhat in order

3 Likes

That Raticate is peerlessly autumnal. I really love the colors on the Carnivine, too, I’m just somehow not a fan of Carnivine itself (as a Pokemon)… I’m definitely into that Neo Rev Parasect though.

Revised potential markup below, but I’ll keep playing around with things. If I have no self-control, I’ll end up doing two autumn pages.

2 Likes

Winter Jumpluff!

8 Likes

Sick. Replacing Frosmoth with that 100%.

I might replace the Zeraora, too. It’s a beautiful card but if I have a theme, I have to go all-in (and non-snowy grasslands in the back don’t cut it). Thinking about putting this Vanillite in instead:

3 Likes

Lazy summer days

Sorry no pictures right now but Uniqlo pikachus!

2 Likes

Really neat collection idea!

Sawsbuck has got you covered! (Sort of…) His Spring and Summer form cards don’t really scream their respective seasons, but his Winter form card is great:

For summer, one of the Southern Island cards might fit. The one I would prefer for this theme would probably be the Marill:

This Psyduck also gives me summer vibes, although not really distinctly representing anything summer (I guess clear skies and the water park/fountain?)

This Meowth for summer too:

(Just realized these are all by one artists: Keiko Fukuyama)

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think anything tops the new Grusha SAR for winter vibes!

4 Likes

HGSS sets have some great options for autumn!

4 Likes

@attarissiya I’d probably separate the Flaaffy just because it doesn’t go in with the heavy snow winter vibes (vs. holiday cheer), but maybe that just means I commit to an additional Christmas page instead. And for that, this is legit flawless.

@bk2021 I’m down. Ampharos was the staple of my childhood Silver version team, so even more reason for me to plug this guy in.

@Viral If I find a decent price on the scarf and snowman ones I’m in. The only reason they’d possibly not go in is legitimately price, but they’re gorgeous and so on point.

@bbobrob I love all of these. I think the Marill has to go in, and perhaps the Meowth. The Psyduck’s lovely but just doesn’t mesh as well with the other ones I’ve chosen far, but maybe I honestly do a park page just so I can toss him in. :sweat_smile:

@jaxlax21 I think you’re right. If I pull that, I’ll put it in. I’ve actually never been a huge fan of the trainer arts in general (at least relative to the cards of Pokemon themselves), but this lends itself so well and it does have the two Starly.

@subcat Done. It’s in. I try to lean away from the 3D rendered-ish cards for the most part, but the background plus the shrine is too perfect. And now I’m wondering what other cards have Japanese shrines/temples/etc. in them, like your Heracross and this Poliwhirl…

2 Likes

This is fun! Looks like you have some awesome choices already!! I have a few pages in my Forest-themed binder for seasonal card art. When I’m home I can send you any that haven’t been mentioned yet!

2 Likes

Autumn :maple_leaf:

2 Likes