S8a Promo packs quantity and packaging from factory?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how the Japanese S8a promo packs from the 25th anniversary set were shipped? Basically I bought a sealed case of the S8a booster boxes along with 80 promo packs a few months ago and I’m trying to figure out if the packaging I received the promo packs in was the original packaging or not. I want to know this because it would help me have more confidence that my promo packs have not been searched. The fact that I got 80 promo packs with my sealed case is a good start since I think that it the correct number of promo packs per booster box case. The only info I have managed to find so far is this Image and this Image which shows the promo packs inside bags in what looks like quantities of 30/40? The promo packs I received were in bags with 10 packs in each bag so I doubt my promo packs were in the original packaging. My promo packs do not appear to have any creases on the edge of the packs which I have seen appear when attempting (and failing) to search the packs myself (just to confirm if the packs are already searched).

I obviously understand that the only way to know for sure if the packs are searched is to search or open the packs myself but I do not want to open the packs (yet) and I have failed to search them so far. Plus as I mentioned earlier when the packs are searched it involves bending the pack slightly (unless there is another method I do not know) and this creases the packs on the edges which is bad if I decide to sell some packs in the future. If anyone has more info that would be great.

1 Like

I asked this in Smpratte’s bimonthly Patreon Q&A for you because he would probably know. And he speaks English instead of Japanese. So bonus.

Scott if he ends up subbing I want a kickback

I’ll let you know what Smpratte says.

K bye

1 Like

Thanks that is very helpful! No promises on the sub though :blush:.

So, it sounds like it came very simply package in a bag with 80. There was no seal originally with these packs.

2 Likes

Okay thanks for the info. It looks like the packs I received have been repackaged then which doesn’t fill me with hope they are unsearched.

you can search them too, if there are at least 3 Charizard, 3 Umbreon they are ok haha