Bandai Sealddass Sealed Booster Case (Part 3)

So I’ve had this for a while now. But I can’t for the life of me get a good idea of it’s value, or what is included in part 3 of this set (I didn’t actually know they split the set into different parts before buying this).

I’ve seen some references to different parts on y!j, and even a part 3 checklist which was too blurry to read. Messaged the seller but no response. Any help would be good. It seems my case has 2 boxes, but no idea if these boxes have a design as the case doesn’t, and don’t know how many packs per box or how many cards per pack. All and any info would be great :blush: .

There are some numbers on the outside which imply there are 48 cards in the set, and each box has either 40 cards or 40 packs. It’s not too clear.

The second picture is of the side of the box and seems to imply that it is to be sold in vending machines at 100 yen a pop. So I guess that’s the distribution method for these. If anyone knows anyone who ever opened these packs or bought from a vending machine that would be incredibly helpful.

Obviously as this isn’t a store-front sold item, they never actually came properly sealed as far as I’m aware. The seal on this seems to be ‘store-sealed’.

Seeing as it’s not an official seal, I decided to take it upon myself to open it and check it out. As expected, there are two booster boxes inside. Each box has 40 ‘packs’ except the packs themselves aren’t sealed, but held together with a bit of tight paper. Absolutely gem mint they’re beautiful haha. Decided to inspect the last pack of one of the boxes, and it had a checklist of the part 3 set, so we finally know what’s inside. Would be good to get a part 1 and 2 checklist.

Apparently there is a Charizard card in here, but one of the special promos, not from the main set :blush: . Happy with that. Considering opening one of the boxes completely on video if anyone would be interested in that?

Link to album: imgur.com/a/Bp1TM

I have some of these or similar type boxes.

You show what looks like one pack had four inserts and one card? What number and date is on the back or front of that card? Is it foil or glossy? Do all the packs have only glossy or only foil or is there a mixture?

Take a look at this pic:

The checklist is not a legit card in the set, but I don’t know whether it’s taken the place of another card in that pack. The cardboard thing on the left is in all of the packs. Then the 3 in the middle are all cards part of the set. The one in the very middle is a holo from the set, and the two others are part of the promo set.

After seeing the checklist, I can say they are not all holo, as a lot of the cards from the list are not holo. I just lucked out with the one I took out haha. The holos fetch around $10-$40 each. Promos around $5 each. It’s a really cool set. I’ve got the full set (all promos and orig. binder as well). But still decided to buy this as why not haha.

So those are 98s.
I don’t have those boxes a couple earlier and one later.

pretty cool item dude. If you do open up a box defs post it!!

You probably do have them. The '97 set has the '98 cards packaged with them. 4 boxes makes a set. I think I opened box 1 and 2 years ago. I didn’t keep records of which cards came out of them. I figured they just came out late '97 and early '98 making the 3 and 4 box mostly holding the '98 cards to come out the next year, causing the separation. But technically they are the same set.

You can actually see a '97 moltres in the middle of the two '98 cards.

I think they’re different print runs, I have a few completed sets of these and many cards have different dates (i.e charizard 97 and 98) etc.

I know I have many 1999 cases that have 1998 holos, including the great Charizard holo. These are from that great series that runs from the 140something to the 190somethings…I think series 5?