Should I open it?

A promo card I received today came with a free Sm8a booster pack. There aren’t any Eevees in here nor do I collect pack art so the question is shoukd I open it?

That’s a good question! Personally, I am very sceptic regarding the “free” booster packs. More or less you can guess how many GX, holos and secret cards you can find in a Japanese Booster Box. So, once you find the GX, secret or holos, you know that the remaining has no value. Or even you can stop once you find the secret. That is why I don’t trust those booster packs.

However, there are not many things that you can do with the booster pack. As I would not trust a single booster pack, I would open it. I did that with one SM9 booster pack I got for free, and I pulled a Dragonite Holo. You never know. The Jirachi Holo from that collection is a nice one!

Sorry if I havent been able to solve your doubt.

I heard from a guy I know at tpci that they actually slipped in an exclusive uber rare eevee card in exactly 3 Japanese SM8a packs. As far as I’m aware, none have appeared yet…

2 Likes

I actually got that same pack with one of my eBay purchases. So, I’m in the same boat on opening it or not.

Masterjumpmaster

Pulled the trigger. It’s been so long since I’ve opened a pack. No super rares but the rare absol is neat.

4 Likes

Sometimes the urge to resist is too strong

THAT GRIMER IS GODLY!

1 Like

Do you find this to be true with Japanese booster packs that one buys from eBay (as opposed to the boosters thrown into your order as a bonus)? I’ve bought a few GX Ultra Shiny single boosters and pulled secret rares…so someone out there is selling in good faith.

I am afraid that I would not be able to say because I have never bought booster packs from eBay. But for example I found Japanese sellers reliable.

It is me that I am an sceptic. I have some friends that have problems with non-japanese booster packs, and even I know a local shop which sells “empthy” packs.

To sum up, yes, there are a lot of people in good faith as you say. =)

1 Like