To Open or Not To Open?

So, coming in the mail today is a Chinese Legend Maker box. My first edition base is Legend Maker since it was what got me into Pokemon. I am trying to get a complete set in English and Chinese. Should I open it for the cards or save it and just buy the cards already opened? Currently I have none of the Chinese cards, all of the English normal cards, and a handful of the reserves. Thanks :blush:

If you’re looking to complete the set, it would make sense to open at least one box and pick up the rest as singles.

Good luck with those regis… :blush:

1 Like

Open it. :blush:

$ wise it might be best to keep the box sealed, but since you intend on completing the Chinese set I say go for it!

I would open, love me some chinese cards :blush: if you are selling some singles from the box hit me up!

Legend maker is a great set and is my second favorite outside of WOTC sets. Since money doesn’t seem to be the primary factor it’s a matter of personal preference and of product availability. The partial/complete mint LM sets don’t appear often so you’ll probably achieve your goal quicker by cracking sealed boxes.

There’s something to be said for investing in the box opening experience too :wink:

What makes the Chinese Legend Maker booster box so valuable? Were there no other Chinese sets printed?

I believe base and that is it

2 Likes

Is there any specific reason as to why that is? I’ve always wondered this.

Pokemonchina knows all about it. (dont know how to tag people)

24 packs ber box, of which only 5 contain holos. From what I recall, you aren’t guaranteed an ex in each box. Which makes the Goldstars even scarcer.

Considering I recently sold a case of 12 to a buyer who seems to be a reseller rather than collector, you’re about to see a multitude of boxes hit the market.

As for collecting the set - all of the cards are currently listed on eBay, some by me, and some from another seller. So you could complete the set, with the exception of flygon and the Goldstars.

Chinese cards - I have an article on E4, and the most up to date version on my site: guangjoe.com/pokemon-cards-in-china/

9 Likes

Good job brother:)

@guangsta Excellent article, Joe!

I opened it! Love the cards! I know have a complete set of commons, uncommons and non-holo rares minus two uncommons. RNGjesus blessed the box :grin:

Here is a video of me opening it for anyone interested.
(it would be best to watch in 1.5 or 2 times speed)

*correction I said that the card would grade a PSA 10, but a BGS 9, meant to say 9.5 because of the corners.

4 Likes