ROAD TRIP! What to look for?

I’ve got a long drive ahead of me and a thought, what the heck, let’s hit as many shops as possible in search of Pokemon!

I’m stopping at every Walmart, GameStop, Target, and BestBuy (21 in total) along my route.

What Pokemon products would you recommend searching for?

1 Like

If those are the stors you are visiting I guess its the same as in Norway: it will all be the same. Tins, promoboxes and loose boosters. After two stores you have kinda seen 95% of what you will find. I would recommend going to dedicated cardshops or hobby shops that also sells singels

4 Likes

I would recommend hitting actual card shops in search of valuable vintage cards! But then again, I’m pretty bias, as I have no interest in modern cards.

7 Likes

Not true what is said above about walmart etc. Different stores will have different things. Example- my local store is all sold out but a walmart an hr away tends to have to have lots of products from up to 5 years ago. there may be some stores with now harder to find boxsets, tins, treasure chest tins, etc. shining legends, dragon majesty, ultra prism, or sets from a few years ago are harder to find. and the poke figures and plush will vary greatly, with some stores even having pokemon center plush. that said, you may want to research a bit and make stops at card shops too

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. Added card shops to the list, Walgreens and CVS!

I would say use Google maps to find local card shops on your route as others have suggested. We always do this when we drive places for vacation and also look for weird museums and random tourist traps.

99% of the time the random stops are the best part of the whole trip and you get to see and pick up some awesome stuff and meet some great people!

2 Likes

What everyone else said. :grin: Adding to that, look for some Burning Shadows packs and try to pull that rainbow Charizard. :person_shrugging: Why not?

2 Likes

Not sure where you’re traveling but if you’re In the midwest look out for Mejier stores. Mejier’s is like the drunk uncle of retail when it comes to Pokemon product. I’ve had a lot of luck recently with late BW and early XY product still on the store shelves!

3 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of Youtube channels with guys diving up and beyond the shelves and finding older packs. So even if you visit your 10th Walmart, get under the shelves, shuffle the boxes and find those treasures. Also, the Youtube channels told me that those Mystery Boxes are complete rubbish with their “vintage” packs being only 3-4 yrs old.

2 Likes

walgreens may have packs from xy sets above, some tins, and theme decks but i would not expect much. i work for said retail chain.