I'm traveling to Japan next month.

Does anyone know if there are any specialty stores I could find while I’m there. Im planning staying in tokyo for about 4 nights, my first 2 nights and my last 2. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Google is your best friend. Pokemon Center is a must. GLHF

1 Like

Mandarake :blush:

3 Likes

I gladly accept souvenirs :blush:

So jealous!

At this rate Ill be sending care packages to everyone

5 Likes

@kkthxbai and @japanime may be able to help you out!

The previous suggestions are solid. Mandarake and Pokemon Center will keep you plenty busy if you’re only going be in Tokyo for a couple of nights on either end of your trip. What other parts of the country will you visit?

I’m not sure yet, my friend and I are going to work that out, is there anywhere you suggest in particular?

Japan is crawling with gold stars, shinings, gem mint no rarities, trophy cards, and pokemon snap promos. It’s magical!! And so easy!!

Omg!!
Lol!!

Not really, it’s super difficult to find anything decent. Most places have damaged items, or pokemon has phased out.

3 stores which will have cards for sure though if you come Japan. Are:

Yellowsubmarine
Mandarake
Hobbystation

Some are located in akhihabara, and a few other suburbs.

If you want some graded stock can always come to me :blush:

4 Likes

Get those unlimited Legend boxed bruh

1 Like

Have a good trip! Update us with some pictures when you can!

Vouch for Mandarake!

1 Like

Just take a 56-foot shipping container

1 Like

Already made that promise to someone

2 Likes

I have to agree with this. Pokemon is really hit or miss for stores as probably over 50% of stores don’t even carry Pokemon. Also, most stores are only carrying cards that are in the current meta, it’s hard to find a half decent selection of even BW cards at most stores.

Even the stores listed here don’t carry Pokemon at every location.

I would wonder around Akihabara. There are a ton of stores and even without a map you have to be able to find a few.

If you just want to browse older cards and aren’t condition sensitive and aren’t looking for expensive older stuff you might want to visit Cherumo in Akihabara, kinda hard to find though.

There are a couple of Pokemon Centers in Tokyo, you will probably want to visit the Sunshine City location. If you or your friend like other stuff like One Piece/Naruto etc there are shonen jump shops in Tokyo/Yokohama.

If you are into video games there is the coolest retro video game store you will ever see on the main strip in Akiharbara.

I hope you guys have a great time and find some cool stuff to take back home with you.

2 Likes