POKEMON CARD HUNTING IN JAPAN!!!

Hi Guys,
I’m new here but a huge pokemon fan and big TCG Collector. Im travelling to Japan soon and have a couple days set aside to go hunting for cards. Has anyone been there before and if so were did you go or where would you recommend checking out? If you have also heard of any places please let me know. super excited for the trip. I have been getting into the japanese variations of pokemon cards more recently and cant wait to see the birth place of where it all began! :blush:
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Owen

Mandrake.
Check their website for store locations

1 Like

Many E4 members have been there and several others reside there.

There’s been several threads just like this. Use the search tool at the top of the page and search by thread title. Something like Japan card shop should bring up other posts. Best of luck with the trip. I hope to travel to Japan one day too.

1 Like

I was just there in Oct. Where will you be in Japan?

Thanks heaps for the replies guys and info ill be sure to do a search in the fourm @tem4elf.
Would you be able to connect me with a few people on the fourm that live there? @notzeldagilroy
Ill be in Osaka, Kyoto, Mt Fuji, Nagano, Tokyo. @saber
Thanks @genonsha Ill be sure to check out Mandrake

Cheers,
Owen

Pretty sure Mt Fuji won’t have pokemon cards bud :wink: They do have killer ramen at the top though!

Mt Fuji, won’t have cards, but they did have little pokemon oddities - postcards, maybe a plush and stickers. Also, I loved Mt Fuji!

You’ll want to have a look around Akihabara - pretty much nerd heaven. Skytree Mall has a pokemon center in it and it’s not far from Akihabara.

Be prepared for Ramen! Oh and try yoshinoya! Best and cheap beef bowls!

1 Like

Just came back from Japan two months ago. Definitely the Mandarakes you would want to go and pay a visit to. Tokyo and Osaka.

Also, check out Akihabara for sure. My brother and I just had no time to search every single ‘hobby’ shop around the city - but as soon as you set foot in Aki, you will see why! Make sure you have a rough idea on where you want to go - walking around window shopping really eats into your time (cause there is SO MUCH TO SEE!), unless you plan a few days to roam about.

In Osaka, check out Den Den town, or ‘Ota’ or ‘Otaku’ road. A hobby ‘district’ with a ton of shops and stores all around old games, cards, hobbies, and heaps of figures and anime goods.

Safe travels :blush:

Oh, and following up on my post above…

Some of the best stores in Tokyo/Osaka I went to were the ones I wasn’t looking for - those small stores with just cards, hobby things. If you do want to do to the known places, see the above, but be sure to check out as many places as you can, as you seriously never know what you might find inside!