Red & Blue Collection 20th Anniversary Limited Edition

I got all four sealed boxes of those (charizard ex, venusaur ex, blastoise ex, pikachu ex). wondering what they could go for in the future, don’t think selling them right now is a good idea, i’d rather open them. were sold out in almost every online store for quite some time in the past.

This is like asking us what stocks are worth in a couple months. Unfortunately none of us carry a crystal ball.

5 Likes

@shadowless seconding you here, theres no sure fire way to tell just about anything with prices. All you could do is speculate and do what you feel is best :blush:

no worries, I won’t sue you when you predict something wrong. i was asking expectations, thoughts, possibilites, experience with similar items in the past - not facts. if you don’t know, don’t answer, simple as that, i’m fine with that lol

what would you speculate then? :blush:
I just ask because I got them for so long already, smiling at me, whispering “open me, open meeeeee”.

If you hold onto it long enough, you will make a few bucks. But that’s it. Slow growth imo.

2 Likes

This is a perfect example as to why I could never own sealed product haha. But no, i dont dabble too much in modern to really know of any possible increases, but id say if really looking to preserve it just buy some other modern things to cure the pack itch!

1 Like

Would probably follow the overall trend of the market to a certaint extent. However, I think the vintage stuff would outpace modern product (with exceptions) easily in terms of growth. Just my 2 cents

1 Like

they’re also vintage in 15 years :grin: but that’s a long time to wait :stuck_out_tongue:

i got some hidden fate elite trainer boxes, also sealed. so many teases :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to make a good profit on these, like everyone else mentioned you would have to wait 10-15 years. If you want to just make a couple of bucks, you can try listing it slightly above market value on eBay and wait for the right buyer.

If i had these I would probably just open them.

there is no individual card in the generations set that is worth anything, so there’s really no point in opening the product. m charizard ex is $18 and the next highest is vaporeon ex at $4. don’t invest in modern product.

1 Like

nah, selling those boxes are not worth 200$ profit for me. i’d rather open them indeed and enjoy it.

what about hidden fates boxes? or championship cards? limited runs with charizard?

@pokaholic , all modern product can be overprinted or reprinted, including hidden fates. championship cards are not store product, they are trophies (they were not created with the intent to be sold).

2 years of Pokemon INVESTING goes bad with NO PROFIT - YouTube This is alpha investments investing in modern pokemon and losing money.

How To Invest In Pokemon? Collect - Older, Rarer, Minter = Better; Not Guarantee - YouTube This is smpratte talking about pokemon investing.

1 Like

I’m looking long term, meaning few years, not months. I can be patient.

He did wait a few years and still lost money. That video is almost 2 years old now and even if he waited until today when card prices are soaring because of covid it wouldn’t of made a difference.
I can count on one hand the amount of modern product that has had growth. I literally cannot think of a single vintage item that hasn’t being growing. You do the math.

how much did the base set pokemon cards rise in value 2 years after release, in 2001?

True, but to reprint an Anniversary item? I created a thread like this not that long ago regarding the Mew boxes, which were the first ones released (a great many of them being opened), as well as them being part of the 20th Anniversary lineup ~