Real or fake? Rocket edition

Hi, long time lurker first time poster here, hope this is the right place to ask my question. I have the opportunity to buy an old collection of cards locally, the seller sent a couple pictures, unfortunately not the greatest quality photos.

I’m most interested in the 1st edition Rocket cards, and at first glance they looked ok. Then I noticed the Charmeleon looks like a holo, which must be fake, making me worry that other cards might not be real. After looking closer, the border color of the Dark Charizard looks off, especially compared to the the Dark Alakazam and Vaporeon next to it, both of which look like they have normal-colored borders.

I would really appreciate your help… do you think these are real or fake? Thanks!

imgur.com/YfIUafG

fake

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums, but unfortunately those are fake unless they are in weird penny sleeves which I highly doubt they are.

1 Like

Definitely fake. Never hurts to ask the community if your unsure, well done.

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies, really appreciate it. I’ll have to add these to my collection another day.

That Jungle Kangaskhan looks like it might be alright.

All the other ones do look clearly fake :wink:

I was thinking the same about the weird sleeves.

1 Like

That Dark Charmeleon holo is sweet though lol

1 Like

Where did you get these so we can avoid this seller

I’ve seen similar patterns on deck/penny sleeves before that match how some of the cards look which makes me think that there is a small chance they could be real. Here are some links to what I’m talking about.

www.amazon.com/dp/B07C2D4CRJ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_UGDLEb59WSHVB

www.amazon.com/dp/B07CYXFVWM/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_tJDLEbH9Z5KCW

1 Like

If they happen to be real, why would you as a seller choose to put your cards in sleeves that makes them look fake? So many questions…

101% fake sir

they’re obviously not in sleeves :blush:

Thank you for sharing these. I zoomed in on the picture as much as possible and almost all of the cards look like there’s no sleeve on, hard to tell though. I wish your ‘small chance’ theory was correct :wink: