1st Edition Charizard: fake or real?

Hello!

Somebody is offering me this card. I am in doubt if it’s real or not. Can somebody help me how to spot if it’s real or fake?
Color seems ok, I am a little in doubt about the shinyness of he card. Thanks for al your help.

Here is a video of the card: streamable.com/7isus2

Thanks in advance!

Link doesn’t work!

Thanks! Pasted the link again, looks like it works now.

That bend and those finger swipes across the holo made me physically cringe

Looks good to me though

3 Likes

Sorry, I had to look up that word “cringe” (As I am not native English) :slight_smile:

But what you mean that by the sound of that swiping and bending you can tell it’s fake? Thanks for your reply±

The card looks authentic to me - as far as I know fakes don’t look that good yet. My first comment was more directed at how he is handling the card.

The card looks incredibly fake.

The colors are off, the border sizing is wrong given the smaller border yet no thicker border to offset, the print clarity seems off, etc. and the overall cut is wrong too.

I’d steer very clear of this card and seller.

1 Like

It looks very suspicious to me. I would not buy this.

I agree. The print clarity was what did it for me. The continuity from the card to the holo area just looks wrong. Look at the texture of the wing.

2 Likes

Thanks all. Given the last few comments, I am not going to buy this card. Will ask the seller a few extra questions to find out the source of the card.

Definitely fake but the best i have seen so far. Freeze framing like @bugcatcherjohn has makes it easier to spot. I have backed the video up here for future reference as it may help others out too.

1 Like

Looks fake.

I’m definitely no expert but it looks off. The borders don’t look saturated/ intense enough and the holo, in my head at least, should look glossier and more smooth. Like I said, I’m no expert by any means. If it’s fake, it’s scarily good!

imo fake af

Looks good to me, @zack, please pass on the seller’s info through private messages if you pass :stuck_out_tongue: