Real or Fake 1st Ed base set stamp (Venusaur edition)

Hello fellow forum members…
This is my very first post and one i hope to use to help educate me in my future collecting endeavors. For reference i will be linking 4x photos of both cards. Photo’s are taken with an Iphone 11 (So forgive me if the quality isn’t fantastic) i sadly don’t have a copier to get a more precise photo.

To start, i first would like to say i have done a lot of research lately in order to try and answer this question myself as i didn’t want to waste anyone’s time when the knowledge/videos are all just a search away, however even with all the videos and post’s ive read, i still don’t feel confident in my own opinion on whether or not my 2x Base set 1st ed Venusaurs have a legit stamp or not…
To me, the T does match where ive read it should be (Right side of the T is in line with the edge of the border on the bottom left)

Both Venusaurs were obtained thru Ebay during the 2018/2019 era before the big boom, so if one or both have fake stamps, it wouldn’t be the biggest hit to the bank account, however due to Venusaur being my favourite Pokémon, it would suck to find out Ive cherished fake stamped 1st editions (if this is the case) all this time.

Venusaur #1 → This Venusaur is graded with Psa and the one i am most concerned about as i know Psa has let fake stamps slip thru over the years:

Venusaur #2 → This venusaur is not graded however it is sleeved… I forgot to take it out during photos so the quality isn’t amazing but i feel it’s still eligible:

I would just like to thank anyone with any feedback and your opinions about my two Venusaurs. Both these stamps look different to me and although ive read about thick/thin & grey stamps, i feel my knowledge and maybe my eyes have a hard time coming to a conclusion based on all the videos/forums posts/pictures ive read in the last 24 hours.

1 Like

Both real, second one ia thick stamp. Great card. Usually the fakes are misaligned, I like to match the “T” in edition with the center of the cards Holo box left border if that makes sense

8 Likes

I do believe i understand what you mean… I guess what i was unaware of is if there was any difference with the font in edition… I know ive read about the 1 in 1st edition being of a different size, but idk i guess i was driving my self crazy wondering if the letter’s in edition were different as well across different printings…

I appreciate the comment/help!!

Here is a very detailed breakdown about the different 1st edition stamp variations

5 Likes

I appreciate it! Sorry to waste anyone’s time but i do appreciate the guidance/help offered in the last two comments.

4 Likes

Dude you’re not even in the top 1000 time waster comments

11 Likes

Not wasting time. It’s always good evidence and practice for people to identify legit stamps.
:grin:
They’re both within the range of real positioning, IMO. There is also the think ‘1’ with the outlines version, so 3 versions of the 1st Ed stamp, if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

Both look real.

It’s scary that it’s possible to fake a stamp on a card amd just put it on a shadowless. That’s wild to me