Rayquaza gold star Psa 10 jp price Check

Rayquaza gold star unlim psa 10 price check please. Thoughts on unlim gold stars? Do people care a lot?

The last Japanese GS Rayquaza (UN) sold for $1950 on 7/18/2020.

5 Likes

@rainbowneosking, probably the low 2000s

1 Like

That seems super low given how much rarer unlimited cards are

2 Likes

So apparently the population or rayquaza Japanese is twice as large on unlim vs 1st Ed

That’s fascinating. Hopefully someone who knows about Ex era JPN cards can shed some light on why. Usually the unlimited cards are multiple times rarer than the 1st Ed sets for jpn

2 Likes

At risk of shooting myself in the foot, I will repeat what I said earlier: A low pop count does not automatically make a card valuable. Specifically for unlimited Japanese cards, a lower unlimited pop than 1st ed pop for a card does not mean that unlimited is more valuable.

“Unlimited Edition” is another expression for “second print run”, which doesn’t indicate any planned limited production whatsoever, it just means that they started to print a second run and stopped printing it when demand was saturated. The fact that the second print run was smaller than the first print run is irrelevant when the significance of the edition number lies in the order of priority, NOT in the amount of cards printed. There’s a reason why it’s a first edition stamp, not a limited edition stamp. I don’t see any reason to prefer the unlimited edition from a pop 10 pool of a card over the 1st edition from a pop 100 pool of the same card.

5 Likes

Expect low $2000’s. This is a card I definitely see moving up in value as the English is so expense. Not to the mention the silver border and blue hue on the holo go so well with the card.

2 Likes

It depends on the set, for deoxys the 1st run is more rare.

2 Likes

What do you guys think a fair offer for a psa 10 1st ed would be? 3k sound about right?

i wouldn’t sell mine for 3k. jeremy wanted $5500 for his on insta.

1 Like

$5000 would be a fair offer. The unlimited can easily go for a minimum of $2k-$2100 or a tad more depending on how many are available on the market at that time.

1 Like

$2180 was the last sale I know of in April. When the unlimited 10 was going for around 1K. $5k sounds too high in my opinion but consider that data

1 Like

There will be a 1st ed 10 on pwcc soon so that will help with price data.

5 Likes

I couldn’t find the pwcc auction and what it ended for. Any updates?

I just recently sold one for a little over 5000 within a couple of hours of listing it. The pop is so low that finding it will be the real challenge.

7 Likes

Nice! So what about unlim? 3k?

Seems like a solid starting point. There’s not really a market price for these items since they very rarely show up for sale. It’s a matter of “are you willing to pay the price” I feel.

1 Like

Any new price points for unlimited and 1st edition?

A 1st Edition PSA 10 sold for $7400 in September. Hope this helps :blush: