WTB: PSA 10 Gold Star Rayquaza English

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was willing to sell me a gold star rayquaza psa 10 for $25,000 g/s? If it's around the price you are looking for please let me know and we can negotiate. Thanks for your time as always.  

Sincerely,

David

7 Likes

+1 for brown eyes! Great guy!

5 Likes

Nice 50 post speedrun

22 Likes

I love the price trajectory over the pandemic:

April: PSA 10 Rayquaza star $20k, PSA 10 1st Ed. Base Charizard $60k

October PSA 10 Rayquaza star $25k, PSA 10 1st Ed. Base Charizard $240k

I’m not saying any of this means anything, just that I find it interesting lol.

7 Likes

Gotta hit your 50 posts before the price skyrockets.

Also. Obligatory: nice!

It’s double your offer but maybe you can negotiate a bit

pokefeens.com/product/2005-pokemon-ex-deoxys-107-gold-star-rayquaza-holo-psa-10-card-2/

Goldstars are overhyped, more than Base Set

The price trajectories certainly don’t reflect that. Gold stars have been much more stable in price over the past year than Base Set.

Gold stars are just the next base. Maybe they won’t go as high because of nostalgia, but the rarity is definitely there. Just like 1st ed shinings.

2 Likes

Pokefeens? Oh those guys do NOT negotiate

1 Like

are they UK or European based?

@hisoka107 , according to their ebay website, United States. They also have the “make offer” option enabled on some of their more expensive items. Unfortunately, the Rayquaza is not currently listed on their ebay site.

www.ebay.com/itm/164345303362
There’s one for sale here, alongside an Umbreon. Might be worth contacting the seller just in case they want to separate the two.

Might get 5% off IF you’re lucky, but yeah.

yeah, i’d say if you are able to negotiate with the guy who has that combined listing of the umbreon and rayquaza, that’ll be your best bet. i think right now is a good time to buy given there’s been no sales at all. that card is still under pop 50 right?

Yup, it’s pop 45. Only has had two added to the pop within the past year. Honestly, I’m not sure if the card will ever hit pop 50…EX Deoxys cards are so fragile it’s insane. And it will likely take opening several hundred thousands of dollars in sealed product to open a single one, which likely won’t even get a 10. Brutal card.

I don’t see the pop on this one jumping either. It’s been an iconic card for quite a while. Gold stars have been around. The set has terrible quality issues. I have seen silvering, “mottling” of the yellow border, ink that has rubbed off on the fronts and backs of cards, poorly cut edges, etc.

On top of that, Rayquaza is a legit cool Pokemon. Throw Lugia “the diving Pokemon” or Chansey who is holding an egg into other fantasy settings (like MtG) and they look like they’d get torn to shreds. But Rayquaza is a cosmic dragon that just looks super bad*ss. He would hold his own.

4 Likes

I like that description. It would fit in really well in the Kamigawa plane.\

Theres a good movie with rayquaza in it. I think you and the kids would like it.
The Hoopa one.

Funny you mention that. My son LOVES that movie. Has watched it several times.

1 Like

Interested to see if you get one. Still rattles me how expensive cards are these days.