Rarest Item(s) in Your Collection

The rarest item in my collection is most certainly my Tropical Mega Battle No. 1 Trainer in its original trophy display case. Most everyone here has seen that one, but here’s a link for newer members who might want to check it out:

www.elitefourum.com/t/from-the-japanime-vault-updated-october-24-2021/11101/70

However, as primarily an “odds-and-ends” collector, there are other items in my collection that I value even more. Most of them are ephemera, though others were apparently built to survive for generations to come. For instance, this one:

This credit-card sized, gold-colored metal “Licence” grants me passage to a secret vault on the third floor of the Pokemon Center store in Hamamatsucho, Tokyo. There, I am allowed unfettered access to the printing plates, original artwork, audio recordings and other archival documents related to the production of the Pokemon TCG.

[SPOILER: Click to show](javascript:void(0);)SpoilerOK, I made all of that up. :wink:

In all seriousness, this is the only one of these licenses I have ever seen.

8 Likes

Hmmm I don’t really have really ultra rare stuff, these two things are my rarest I guess:

Complete Teach Set from 1999 with the Playmat (which apparently is pretty rare) in its original plastic packaging with coins and counters:

IMG_5727 by Cujucuyo, on Flickr

and these awesome Special Cards:

IMG_5839 by Cujucuyo, on Flickr

7 Likes

I’ve mentioned before how much I love that Teach playmat. Would love to get my hands on one someday.

And yes, who could forget those Fan Club Special cards. It was always a thrill to get those in the mail!

1 Like

Funny thing is that I bid on it not knowing what it was, lol.

I would’ve loved to get them, I hate that I’m missing the Gyarados one, haven’t found one yet, only one I did find gave me issues when bidding on Y!J and it ended up going at a sweet price, I hate myself for it.

Wait, what? I’ve never heard of this card.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Year_Present_%28Fan_Club_promo%29

How many other Gyarados cards exist that I didn’t know of?!

Also, how much does this normally go for? I NEED one for my collection.

Thanks acd for the link!

No-Rarity Venusuar - Excellent condition:

1 Like

Those Special cards are awesome!!! The gyarados one is fantastic! I’ve seen it before a long time ago, but I think just in an article, not an auction.

Sweet cards!

The Gyarados Special Card can be found once in a while on YJ Auctions. Expect to spend at least $150.

Its so sad those Special cards go that high, I’d love to collect all those but $150 a pop is nuts!