Random Pokemon Shower Thoughts

I was brainstorming fun thread ideas last night and i thought it would be cool to have a place to put all our random pokemon thoughts. Doesnt have to make sense, doesnt have to have any real logic, just fun, dumb stuff you dont usually say out loud. Ive got a couple.

I always thought it was weird we got a dark type eevee evolution before we got grass or ice.

What if 2 shellder bites a slowpoke at the same, like one on the head and the tail?

Feel free to discuss each others random thoughts and debate but keep it light hearted and fun please! Ill have more, i have thoughts like this all the time :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Nice topic! Should have some interesting replies!

• Can a person with no arms ever become a Pokemon Trainer / Master?

• Any high level trainer can probably transition as a very skilled baseball pitcher.

• Do Pokemon say their names because it is named that way, or they got their names because that is the only thing they say?

Cheers!

15 Likes

I wanna say i think so because ive seen some weird documentarys about people doing some pretty impressive stuff without arms.

I swear it was a documentary on TV. Not the internet.

2 Likes

I’ve always been very interested in the food situation in the Pokemon world. What level are Pokemon eaten? By humans as well as other Pokemon. The anime is contradictory in what is says, but the Pokedex has clear examples of…same thing with the presence of IRL animals or just non-Pokemon animals. Really gets the mind racing.

9 Likes

Oh yeah they bake a lot too, what are they using for eggs?! THE BABIES

3 Likes

I swear i saw an anime episode where there was a roasted magikarp on the table

1 Like

@ReganRampage New slowpoke evolution. Probably looks like sir fetchd except with a helmet and shield.

@mrbubbles Im sure there are ADA requirements in the pokemon world or service pokemon.
Im less worried about baseball and more worried that high level trainers could become snipers, “I see a Rhydon at 60M, windspeed 8kph SE, adjust throwing angle and speed, going to try a throw with a great ball and… Yes! Caught it!”
And for your last question, I find it more strange that pokemon make sounds that are in the same realm of language. Cats and dogs dont make the human estimations like “meow” or “bark”, why does a bulbasaur say “bulba-saur” so clearly? Even weirder with meowth, slowking, and the other pokemon that can speak english.

@jaxlax21 Slowpoke… Tail… is… Pokemon!

2 Likes

12 Likes

Id like to point out that this was just their fantasy since they found out that magikarp are a trash fish for eating and essentially inedible… but to get the idea they had to know of other fish that this could be possible with.

2 Likes

Why don’t we so Ho-oh again?

Where did the giant Dragonite go?

To the food question, do Pokemon have a buffet in the Pokeball? Really want to know what it’s like in there.

Steel Eevee should be a thing

2 Likes

It is possible then that language itself evolved around sounds that are made by Pokemon? I am not sure who was first, but if humans saw a bunch of Pokemon running around making sounds that made sense to them, I guess over the course of the cultural evolution, language developed around those sounds. I mean in Pokemon games we already see that the alphabets are very different.

Cheers!

2 Likes

The anime “recently” answered what its like inside at least a Luxury Ball specifically.
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1654436144346456066

3 Likes

So we have literal cosmic entities, pokemon that control natural phenomenon, and pokemon that destroy concepts such as time and space. Why is the pokemon world not more advanced? Was there really some humanity destroying war that happened that set everything back a hundred years? Or are they actually very advanced and purposely decided to limit normal societal potential? I mean they do have teleporters, massive machines, ability to enslave creature for life, floating display screens, even direct deposit, and all of these things are just existing in the world, they dont even seem to pay taxes for it.

3 Likes

It is also mentioned in the Pokemon Original Manga that it is just static. Like a little cramped up box. No wonder Ash’s Pikachu does not like it in there.

Cheers!

6 Likes

“OK little Jonny you’re 10 years old now, time to bugger off and fend for yourself, don’t come back until you’ve trained those giant monsters and battled adults for those 8 badges”.

1 Like

What happened to the regular animals/fish that we saw early in the anime?

1 Like

Why does Vine Whip have 10 PP in the first three generations?

Why did they only adjust it to 15 PP in the two generations after that?

Why the hell did it take 17 years for this primitive Rattata killing device to be adjusted to a more reasonable though still underwhelming 25 PP?

4 Likes

Because everytime someone is working or fixing something and they see a 10 year old passing by making some eye contact, they just stop everything and start Pokemon battles. How do you get stuff done like that.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Yep thats the one

1 Like

Exactly! That’s what I have been wondering about since I saw this episode as a kid. I thought every Dragonite was as big and was surprised that they are actually only 7’ 03".

4 Likes