Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

@quuador the 20th anniversary set (BREAK Starter Pack) doesn’t have secret rares.

There are 5 cards exclusive to the Blastoise Deck, which was harder to find than the Venusaur and Charizard Decks.

Pics below:

Blastoise on left, Charizard/Venuasaur on right.

3 Likes

Another extended/altered Base Set Pikachu arrived (two days ago actually, this week was so busy…) This one is made by vulpixcorner of Instagram. I like how she removed the trees in the original background to give it her own twist with a starry sky. :blush:

Also, my birthday was past Tuesday, and my little brother gave me this Pikachu Displate. At one part it’s a bummer Pikachu is missing it’s characteristic yellow, and on the other hand it looks very nice with the emphasis on the lightning bolt and space background:

Still have to hang it somewhere on my wall, though.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

This Pikachu looks insane. That is such a cool picture.

1 Like

Another beautiful extended/altered Base Pikachu arrived. This time from Melocialters from Instagram.

In addition, I’ve been able to find the Italian Reverse Holo Mysterious Treasures Pikachu. :grin: Some of these foreign Reverse Holos are such a pain to find. To put it into perspective: this is only the second copy I’ve ever seen since I started collecting Pikachus more than 4 years ago (that other copy is in Tom’s collection).

Hopefully I’m able to find the final two older Reverse Holo cards soon as well: Italian Stormfront Pikachu and Spanish Majestic Dawn with stamp (released exclusively in Argentina).

Oh, and there are also some newer Reverse Holo cards I’m missing as well actually: Korean Night Unison RH (Korean is my least complete language right now since I’ve lost my middleman… :slightly_frowning_face: ); Spanish Hidden Fates RH (Chile exclusive - although I think it might have been released in Spain last week as well); Japanese L1 unlimited edition RH (yeah… this one isn’t going to happen).

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Another beautiful extended Pikachu arrived, this time from Brazil from barbaramachadoart of Instagram:

Also, thanks again for the tip, @mikejofthecoast (and whoever gave this tip to you). The photograph 4-slots I bought here in The Netherlands are perfect, so I’m still using my 4-ring binder. (I’m using these for any fellow Dutchman among us, although the Ultra Pro ones are fine as well if you do have a 3-ring binder.)
My graded binder looks normal now, instead of the mess with paperclips it was before:

Here is what it was before for comparison. Since the Ultra Pro 4-slots are only with 3 rings, I cut those side parts off, put them upside down in A4 single page slots, and put paperclips at the bottom… I’m glad that’s over now. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

Another extended/altered Base Set Pikachu arrived today. This one is made by kahase.paints of Instagram.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

I must say with these extended arts the cards that have their feet covered look alot better than those that dont imo.

1 Like

In general you’re indeed right. Mainly because loads of the artists have trouble recreating the yellow color of Pikachu as well as the feet in general.
I still like both though, especially since it gives my collection some variety. :blush: The variety is actually the main reason why I like getting these cards, with every artists giving their own touches.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Another beautiful extended/altered Base Pikachu arrived today. This one is made by catlikemeowth from Instagram. I like the Holofoil part she added. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

Two more amazing extended/altered Base Pikachus arrived:

The one on the left is made by dudebro_artwork of Instagram and the one on the right by pokesats of Instagram. Both of them did an amazing job.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

I love your extended art collection.

1 Like

Got some cards currently at Ludkins to travel to PSA. Hoping for some 10s. :blush:

Also, my Masakazu Fukuda signed Japanese Pikachu GS and English Great Encounters Seviper from @smpratte arrived a couple of days ago. Thanks again, Scott!

And last but not least some German TFG cards that go well together with the English, French, and Italian that I already had. Thanks @burnedos for being my German middleman!

Greetz,
Quuador

12 Likes

Wow, again a pretty neat and very informative thread :+1:
Was looking for the Gastly no rarity card for quite some time now and today was my lucky day (including the Japanese Ivy Pikachu from Ken Sugimori).
The error is in the text of the second attack, at least that’s what I know about this. The Venasour has the set number error (same as the Raichu card), the Charizard error is new to me and I haven’t spotted it yet.
I really liked the “second print cards”, will see if I ever get one :wink:
About those custom cards, can you recommend an artist? I have 9 favorite Pokemonster and a 3x3 binder.Three cards together make one cohesive picture. I got one picture (3 cards) done by an artist I found on eBay, now I am looking for a new one to make the next three. I already have sketches, even tho my painting skill on my iPad are horrible. I just need someone who is willing to put them on the cards.

SPOILER: Click to show

No Rarity Charizard has length 1.5m and weight 70.5kg; whereas the unlimited edition (with rarity symbol) has length 1.7m and weight 90.5kg.

mwoaa_art perhaps. She makes altered cards extending multiple cards on a frame pretty often. Here some examples of her work:

Spoiler

Marjorie on Instagram: "COMMISSION, NFS. Raichu, Sanosuke Sakuma, XY & Pikachu, kodama, Deck. Altered PKMN cards composition. 2019 🇺🇸 A Pika and Raichu commission. The composition final size is 6.3x8.7 in. With all these flowers we could almost forgot that "winter is coming"... 🇫🇷 Une commande d'un Pika et d'un Raichu. La compo finale fait 16x22 cm. Avec toutes ces fleurs on oublierait presque que "'hiver approche"... * #pikachu #raichu #pokemon #peinturesurcartes #alteredcard #mwoaa_art #mwoaa #pokemonpainting #pokemoncardpainting #alterations #alteredpokemonart #paintedpokemoncards #pokemoncardalter"
Marjorie on Instagram: "COMMISSION, NFS. Eevee's family. Altered PKMN cards composition, size is 8.7x9.4in (22x24cm). 2019 🇺🇸 Here is a commission which was even hard to conceive... as the commissionner wanted a composition with Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon and eventually Eevee. Eevee can be found in various environments so it wasn't the hardest to place. But it was the other three that took me more thinking and research time to find cards that would harmonize with each other. In the end, step by step, the visual junction of each of them turned down to be pretty well (even if I admit that it wasn't the case early on 😆). I feel like the four colored areas from each card make the whole pretty nice. ☺️ 🇫🇷 Voici une commande qui n'a pas été simple dans la proposition que j'ai dû faire à la personne qui souhaitait une composition avec Aquali, Voltali, Pyroli et éventuellement Evoli en plus. Comme on retrouve Evoli dans des environnements divers et variés, ce n'était pas le plus dur à placer. Ce sont les trois autres Pokémon qui m'ont demandé plus de temps de recherche afin de trouver des cartes qui s’harmoniseraient entre elles. La jonction picturale des quatre s'est finalement plutôt bien faite, petit à petit (même si je vous avoue qu'au début ce n'était pas gagné 😆). Je trouve que les quatre points colorés qu'apportent chacune des cartes rendent l'ensemble plutôt joli. ☺️ * #eeveelution #jolteon #flareon #vaporeon #pokemon #peinturesurcartes #alteredcard #mwoaa_art #mwoaa #pokemonpainting #pokemoncardpainting #alterations #alteredpokemonart #paintedpokemoncards #pokemoncardalter"
Marjorie on Instagram: "COMMISSION, NFS. Cyndaquil, Mina Nakai & Alolan Vulpix, You Iribi, SM. Double altered PKMN cards compositions. 2019 🇺🇸 A Christmas comission for two lovebirds ❤️ I added the "sketch" I made which I generaly send at the begining of each project so that people can have a rough idea of how I plan to make it look. 🇫🇷 Pour le Noël de deux amoureux ❤️ J'ai ajouté le "croquis" que j'envoie généralement pour proposer les cartes afin que les gens aient une grossière idée de comment je compte réaliser leur projet. * #cyndaquil #vulpix #pokemon #peinturesurcartes #alteredcard #mwoaa_art #mwoaa #pokemonpainting #pokemoncardpainting #alterations #alteredpokemonart #paintedpokemoncards #pokemoncardalter"
Marjorie on Instagram
https://instagram.com/p/B0fpP8Li1\_X

Some other of my favorite artists thus far, although I haven’t seen them done complete sketches like your suggestion yet: Lunumbra; squishy_art; artofthecards; baypaintstudios; chicken_raptor.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Hey Quuador!

I saw somewhere that you were thinking about your Pikachu collection and was considering pausing it for a while…

Just wanted to say it was great to follow, and love to see some rare Pika cards being dug out!

As I’m french, just wanted to bring a few pieces of information on some French Pikachu card!

-I didn’t see a Pikachu French DP 16 without snowflake in your list though it definitely exists (as a tripack promo if I remember well, but can’t find a picture to prove that): here is one for instance.

-French Pikachu libre 30/30 does exist in non-full holo error (unless I’m not getting what exactly full holo error means), here is one for example.

-Pikachu BW 54 does not exist in French (can’t see it in your list, but it is in your buy thread).

Let me know if I can help with anything, I would be glad to help with French Pikas, wether as a middleman or just source of information!

Best of luck in your collection! :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks for the comment @drago .

I was indeed suspecting the McDonald’s without holo bleed to exist, I simply hadn’t found one yet (nor really searched for it). The one I had simply had holo bleed. :blush: I do have both with and without holo bleed in English, though.

As for the Pikachu Libre, almost all of those in English, German, and French have holo bleed. I actually bought five of those in French once, and each one of them had holo bleed. Since I want to save money a bit, I need to be 100% it’s without holo bleed for me to purchase another one, since I already have it six times with holo bleed. :wink:

Thanks for the BW54. I will remove it from my list. Mainly had it there just in case it might exist after all, but you’re not the first one to mention it. I think it’s already gone in my checklist, but still on my wanted list just in case.

And are you sure about the DP16? I’ve never seen the French one without snowflake stamp. The eBay auction you link also has the Snowflake. It’s a bit hard to see in that picture, but it’s definitely there unfortunately… I’ve personally have never seen the French copy without Snowflake, nor Italian DP16 (either with or without Snowflake). I do have the English and German both with and without Snowflake stamp.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

You’re right indeed for the DP16. I could swear I saw it as a tripack promo, but can’t find any picture, I might be getting confused. How was it released in the US (the non-snowflake promo)?

I understand for the holobleed, I’ll keep an eye open in case a non-holo bleed pops up!

Speaking of French cards, it seems that you’re missing the French Pikachu (6/12) from the 2019 McDonald’s Collection (different from the one 20/40 released in France). I can only assume that the 6/12 card was exclusive to McDonalds in Quebec, Canada.

Here’s the card on eBay: www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/Pikachu-2019-McDonalds-Collection-Pokemon-Card-6-12-Holo-Holographic-French/223871264893?hash=item341fc4687d:g:3YUAAOSwAcheKlWo

Based on the picture, it looks like there’s holo bleed. I’m not able to find that card anywhere else so I can’t say if all cards have holo-bleed, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Although I’ve put my Pikachu collection on a pause for the moment, since 2019 was a bit too expensive in the end for me (200+ Pikachu releases in a single year is insane… :neutral_face: ), I still had two extended/altered Pikachus in the make. One of them arrived today, which is pretty unique and reminds me of graffiti. :blush: This one is made by william__art of Instagram.

Greetz,
Quuador

14 Likes

It’s been a while since I posted an update. I hope everyone (including family and friends) is still in good health in these times. :blush:

As some of you might know, I had paused my Pikachu collection for the first few months of 2020. In 2019 more than 200 Pikachu cards were released, and since I also collect Sevipers; Moltres WotC #21 promo variations; English & Japanese exclusive Full Art Supporters; the full National Index including all forms and Shiny Pokémon; the five Ancient Mew variations in PSA-10; Yu-Gi-Oh rarities; and twisty puzzles (yeah, ik, I collect too much), those 200+ Pikachu cards - and the Extra Battle Day promos and Shiny Pokémon as well tbh - kinda broke the bank in 2019.

But, after only focusing on my Yu-Gi-Oh and FA Supporter collections for the past few months, and saving money a bit, I am now back in full swing regarding Pikachu cards. Because of that I also looked at CardMarket, eBay, and some other webshops like I used to do multiple times a week in the past. And because of that, I was able to buy some nice new Pikachu cards, including one that arrived today and is the reason for this update:

If you don’t know me that well yet when you’re a new member on E4, you may now ask: what’s so special about it? Well, nothing really. Just an Italian Reverse Holo Pikachu from the Stormfront set.
But, any Pikachu card from before the Sun & Moon era is a special addition for my collection at this point. I started collecting Pikachu cards in all languages and variations in the Summer of 2015, halve a year before I joined this forum in February 2016. In those ~5 years time, I’ve only seen this Italian RH Stormfront Pikachu once before. So yeah, that should give you an idea of how happy I am to finally be able to add this Pikachu to my collection. :wink:
I now have 141 of the total 143 Italian Pikachu cards in my collection. I’m only missing two, which are also the final two missing French Pikachu cards: the SM190 Detective Pikachu WITH movie stamp, and the SM170 Detective Pikachu. I have those in English (and SM190 with stamp in German), but I haven’t even seen pictures of the French and Italian yet (except for the SM170 French one once).
If anyone from France or Italy knows where to find these Detective Pikachu card, lmk. It would be nice to finish of all Pikachu cards of an entire language again. :grin:

Also, I usually do these statistical updates at the end of the year, but I decided to do it in this post as well. Right now I have:

Language In my collection Incoming Still needed Percentage completed+incoming
English 210 6 2 99%
Japanese 305 2 8 98%
Dutch 6 0 0 100%
German 147 0 3 98%
French 151 0 2 99%
Italian 141 1 2 98%
Spanish 90 1 5 95%
Portuguese 61 6 0 100%
Korean 70 5 7 91%
Chinese 7 0 10 41%
Polish 4 0 0 100%
Russian 11 0 0 100%
Thai 10 11 0 100%
Indonesian 8 5 10 57%

This table above is only for officially released Pikachu cards. ‘Just’ 52 more to find to fully complete my Pikachu collection.

In total, including non-official misprints, signed cards, some duplicated sealed/PSA-graded cards I received as Secret Santa gifts, etc. I right now own 1357 unique Pikachu TCG cards, with 42 more incoming, and an additional 81 altered/extended cards.

If anyone has any Pikachu cards from my wanted list, or lives in the country of the specific languages and might be able to help me out, lmk (except for Chinese and Indonesian, since I already have my middlemen trying to find the missing cards right now).

Greetz,
Quuador

13 Likes