Questionable Seller

I recently won an auction for a PSA 8 First Edition Base Set Machamp, link can be found here: www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-PSA-8-First-1st-Edition-Base-Set-Holo-Machamp-8-102-/122893366404?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=%252FHYdRFWDg3cRohVEZJ%252Fn87eXzFI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The same seller held an auction for another PSA 8 Machamp which can be found here: www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-PSA-8-First-1st-Edition-Base-Set-Holo-Machamp-8-102/122893367377?hash=item1c9d03f851:g:5AMAAOSw8q1aTDMJ

I’ve yet to receive a notification that my order has shipped. The auction ended last Friday (the 6th) and a week has gone bye and still nothing. I sent him a message on Tuesday basically asking him to update me on the status of my order and he has not responded. The seller goes by “pokemonyellow17”, and I was under the impression that there would be no problems given his 98% positive feedback rate until I read the negative reviews and found this:

Now I’m a little concerned. I’m no expert, but I don’t believe I overpaid for that card (correct me if I am wrong). I’m considering canceling the order and requesting a refund, but first I’d like to hear some opinions from those who are more experienced in the hobby than myself.

I won 2 auctions from him a week earlier and they were both received with no problems.

The seller seemed fine to me. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Just leave negative feedback accurately stating why.

I won three auctions from him on the same day you did. Haha. My orders haven’t been shipped yet either, but I wouldn’t worry so much man. His shipping information says that he takes five business days just to get the card out and that it should generally arrive in 7-11 business days, so this is status quo.

Also, over the last 12 months, he has 375 positive feedbacks and just five negatives, so the low end is just a small minority. Who knows? They may have just gotten upset he didn’t ship the card within two or three days.

2 Likes

I also won a auction from the same seller and the same day you did. My card still hasn’t shipped either.

I’ll give him a couple weeks. I’m in no rush. The card will just sit in my safe for years lol

I was watching a fossil dragonite he had, sold on auction for $71 AUD … next few days it’s relisted as a buy it now $254 AUD lol

Ebay has a fairly straight forward process for both buyers and sellers.
For your part of the transaction you win and pay then if you dont receive the item by the time ebay states, open a case.
I look at it this way:
If it is resolved and your happy leave positive feedback.
If you you dont receive the item, the seller does nothing of their own accord, leave negative.
If they remedy the situation via refund of their own accord or whatever leave neutral.
Tbh I dont see why people dick around with messages back and forth, its a fairly simple structure.

I’m curious what you are going to do? I’m in the same boat you are. I think I’ll give him another week or so and see what happens

I also purchased a card from him last Friday and it hasn’t shipped. If another week goes by and it hasn’t shipped what will you do at that point?

I’ll message him. If he doesn’t respond, I’ll contact eBay.

Based on his shipping information, it takes him a while to ship. The vast majority of his feedback is also positive, so I’m not too worried. I’ve waited much longer for sellers to ship before.

Think about this, too: we are ALL having the same issue. I highly doubt he is going to refuse to ship to three different buyers. If just one of us were having the problem, then maybe I would be a little concerned, but all this means is that he is just a slow shipper (which I’ve never understood for sellers who don’t run huge operations, but hey; to each their own).

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, I’m sure we are fine. I’m just going to wait another week or so and see what happens. Thanks.

1 Like

I won 2 cards at auction with him on the same day. Mine are still yet to ship.

1 Like

My card just shipped!!! :blush:

2 Likes

As did my two :blush:

1 Like

I noticed the OP left negative feedback on his page. And 1 other person.

That’s actually really sad. I’ve bought from this seller before and the service is always A+.

He took an extra week to ship, who cares?

1 Like

I agree with you 100%. Why are people in such a rush to get something that they will keep for a long period of time? I also like to put myself in the sellers shoes. What if he took an extra week to ship because he was out of town, for a funeral, of a family member he lost. of course shipping his eBay items would be the last thing on his mind! You just never know. I can see leaving negative feedback if the purchased item doesn’t ship in 2-3 weeks or so, without any communication. But not over 1 week… come on people… cut the guy a break. i’ve been buying off eBay for MANY years and even to this day, i’ve yet to leave anyone negative feedback (or neutral)

2 Likes

Especially when the shipping details are listed in black and white on the page of the item.

Some people just have no patience.

Leaving neg feedback over this is silly. It’s not like that seller advertised next day shipping on their listing. Neutral I might understand or leaving low stars, etc… but it is what it is. Many buyers just feel too entitled.

3 Likes

I left negative feedback because he did not respond to my message, it’s not at all about being impatient and I’d appreciate it if others didn’t assume I felt “entitled to fast shipping” as I’ve been understanding with many sellers in the past… who *communicated properly*.

Also I came here for advice, and one post suggested I leave negative feedback. I did and the next day my order shipped (still didn’t respond to my message though).

Hope everyone receives their order. As one of the earlier posts referring to the Dragonite said, he has done some things that were sketchy so that’s why I was concerned.

1 Like