Question/Discussion on Neo Revelation Holo Pattern

On discord @mrbug and I were trying to see if my PSA 9 shining Karp that came in today is lacking significant amount of holo. I noticed it barely had any holo while my original PSA 9 Shining Magikarp has tons of holo.

1st magikarp on left is lacking holo, only the fins of the red magikarp has holo and a little bit of the water on the bottom has holo. (the water bubbles are not holo specs.)
2nd magikarp, (my original copy from few years back), entire card is holo except the shining karp in the middle.
The bottom 2 cards both have a good amount of holo and r from neo rev for more comparison.

Honestly 4 cards is not a good sample size so I am looking to get some feedback from the e4 family.

My questions would be:

1. Is Magikarp in picture 1 a error or normal in comparison to other neo rev holos that you guys have in your collection?
  2. Is Magikarp in picture 2 (right side) the holo bleed error or contains the normal amount of holo?

Note: NEO REV has a holo bleed error print run where the holo bleeds on to parts of the image where it shouldn’t be on. For example: Misdreavous & Crobat. The holo bleed makes the eyes appear holo. Some other cards are hard for me to detect like my own magikarp when comparing to other neo rev cards I have handled.

Thanks
PTC

1 Like

My Shining Magikarp is closer to yours on the left. I have to hold it at a good angle to see any of the holo.

I’m just as in the dark as you though, don’t know a ton about the Neo series. Other than the holo bleed error, didn’t they also have an error that resulted in an insane amount of Holo, minus the bleeding?

Kinda wish my karp looked more like yours on the right.

1 Like

All holo cards from this set has the ‘bleed error’ version. Like you mentioned, only some of the cards has additional extra parts as holofoil, but rest of them, like the magikarp just have significantly more holo without any other visual differences.

This or houndoom is probably my favorite: (I only had japanese version for comparasion, but it’s how the english version should look like without the error)

1 Like

Ho-oh without the Holo error

1 Like

@benoit489 Thank you for confirming your magikarp with me. Even swolpoke on discord told me his few Karps lacked the holo.

1 Like

@emba Thank you for providing me pictures of your ho-oh and providing me more details on the holo bleed.
It looks like the super holo shining karp I have is a oddball among the shining karps!
Crazy how I thought the one lacking the holo was the odd ball out!

1 Like