Holo error card queries

Hi all

First time poster, so apologies in advance for my ignorance! I have recently found my old card collection from the late 90s/early 00s, and will be looking to send some of my best cards to PSA for grading. This forum has been immensely helpful for the majority of my questions, but I thought I would share a few queries in relation to some potential error cards to see your thoughts:

Neo Revelation Double Holo

Based on the great neo rev thread re error cards, I’m fairly sure my delibird is a double holo, and I think possibly also my entei (but open to being corrected!). My Shining Magikarp really pops under the light (some dif angles below), but not sure if that is the nature of the card rather than it being a double holo… Thoughts very much welcome!

Unusual holos

I have four first edition holo Rocket cards which aren’t usually holo. They could be fake, but the size is correct and the back of the cards look legit when compared to other real cards. The other alternative could be that they were erroneously made holo when they shouldn’t have, but I haven’t seen this referenced elsewhere. Interested if anyone has seen something similar, or if you think they are fake. I certainly don’t want to send anything to PSA that isn’t legit!

Flareon Holo bleed throughout

Polygon holo bleed throughout

Polygon diamond holo, no holo bleed

Magikarp diamond holo, no holo bleed

Cool Polygon Blots

Final one. There are two transparent blots on my Cool Polygon. They appear to form part of the card as if it is slightly laminated, and if you look closely you can see small spots in the larger blot. The card is otherwise fairly pristine and I really don’t think it is a stain, but interested to hear if anyone has seen something similar.

Many thanks all!

2 Likes

The Rocket holos are fakes

9 Likes

This has more than the “normal” variant, but it isn’t the holo bleed (‘double holo’) variant.

As eeveeteam said, the Rocket holos are fakes.

2 Likes

Although fake, i would totally have the dark flareon and rocket porygon in my collection. Some fakes look great.

1 Like

The bootlegs are cool for what they are, there are buyers for period correct bootlegs. The magikarp doesn’t quite have the “double holo” effect.

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone for your comments. I thought as much in relation to the Rocket holos, and even if it isn’t a ‘holo bleed’ Magikarp then good to know it at least is a particularly visually appealing one!

For the Entei, I have included a few additional photos with better light which show the holo over the artwork in the background. My understanding from other posts is that this is usually the giveaway for Entei, but would very much appreciate any thoughts from you guys. The white lines around the tail are very faint in normal light, but become more visible under a light.

[Very sorry for the consistent mispelling of Porygon…]

I have a dark Golduck like the Flareon. Definitely fake. It’s See through and everything. pretty sure the bootleg companies made every card from this set available in this “imitation” Cosmo Holofoil. You can see the swirl isn’t correct on your Flareon.