PWCC

You are missing the point entirely. It’s blatantly obvious that the people selling these Charizards are trying to make some money, and by putting them all in the same auction block, PWCC is doing the sellers a tremendous disservice.

Also gotta love when people try to enforce their own hobby ideals on to others.

Some people both collect AND invest in Pokemon. Who are you to tell them to “stop” doing so?

Funny thing is, you are accusing people of not liking what PWCC is doing because they are worried about their own cards being “devalued,” but meanwhile, you are liking what PWCC is doing because it gives you a chance for “normal” prices (whatever that means). How is your perspective any less selfish?

For sure. Timing of auctions is everything.

Like those sellers who list 10 items on auction and have them all end at the same time. It makes it very difficult to win more than one of the items, and the sellers don’t even realize they are doing themselves a disservice in the process.

1 Like

I agree they should space the same cards a bit further apart than 5sec, it’s caused me trouble before because I have to put all my eggs in one basket or risk winning all of them. It doesn’t really solve the greater issue of there are three 1st edition zards all ending on the same day and some of them are going to sell lower because of it.

1 Like

It doesnt solve the issue of them having three on the same day, but its a very big bandaid staggering the time the auctions end so you dont have a small batch of people all hedging on a single card/afraid to committing to more than one while the other two cardholders get buttfuq’d

1 Like

Yep, like I said above what you describe has happened to me multiple times with PWCC, so I don’t disagree the auction end times should be spaced 10-30min apart for items with multiples & it would help. But like I said it doesn’t solve the greater issue that people complain about which is multiples of the same card on the same block, that’s not going to change unless people stop sending them cards.

1 Like

Has anyone, especially a seller, ever complained or inquired about this? Are we sure the person listing just isn’t a dumbass/oblivious of why this is a problem rather than the assumption that they genuinely dont give a fig?

don’t think PWCC is careless on this one, they get a share on every sale after all. The thing with having sales of the same card ending within seconds is that people are kinda forced to place a high bid, whereas if the cards were spread in 5-10 minutes intervals, some people might first wait for the first card to end, or even lose interest in the other cards after they’ve seen the first ones price. Even here people admited to have placed a bid on several of the same cards and ended up winning them.

People being forced to place a high bid still means only one card sells for a high price while the other auctions falter since there is no time for what would likely be the NEXT highest price to bid on the other card(s) In the end, Both PWCC as well as the other sellers lose $ and the pricepoint of the collectable as a whole is perceived to have dropped.

What you’re missing is PWCC doesn’t sell their own stuff. If they did, they wouldn’t sell it this way. That should tell most all they need to know. Keep in mind, every item you “steal” is an item someone is getting ripped off on.

I still think this is the best way to sell. I’ve seen countless times where people will pay more for a card at this auction even when the exact samw card is alreasy listed. Granted sometimes there may have been a quality issue, but I remember a few times where they paid for a weaker 10 vs a strong 10 they could have gotten cheaper.

Uhm…how about SPLIT THE ITEMS UP. Don’t close 3 PSA 1st Ed Charizards AT THE SAME MINUTE.

1 Like

The thin stamped one looked in much better shape though…

2 Likes

Bingo…

Bingo again.

2 Likes

Yeah I get that Gary, I was responding to the original post which was:

I’m in favor of splitting the items up but it doesn’t change the OP’s observation and my post that you quoted, there’s still going to be multiple of the same card ending in the same auction block.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind as much if he put an hour between Like items.

1 Like

@garyis2000, Happy Birthday Gary!

3 Likes

if(postingSystem.worksWellEnough && costOfDevelopingNewCustomizedSystem > 0) { continueUsingCurrentPostingSystem(); }

2 Likes

I feel as though this conversation is similar to one in a previous thread where people were upset that cards were being sold for too much on ebay. Apparently, we are hard crowd to please. Prices are too high or too low and everyone is pissed. I feel like the answer however is similar.

It is your choice to sell through pwcc using their very well known listing methods. I don’t think it’s fair to say that if someone finds a good deal then we need to remember that someone else is getting screwed. As a buyer, If you see something worth sniping or on sale, grab it. As a seller, do your homework and list it yourself at whatever price you’d like, free of scrutiny from the community. OR have someone else list it knowing the risks involved. Also, as mentioned, listing a four-five figure card at .99 cents involves taking a lot of risk.

PWCC really does go both ways. People get screwed buying cards they don’t need because of the crappy timing (i’m not defending and it seems like everyone hates that). And people get screwed when their cards don’t sell for what their worth. It’s all part of the risk and rewards that we all enjoy.

4 Likes

Damn… I am gonna reply/defend on this one since I think it’s unfair what you are assuming of me/my comment here.

First off; this is a collectors site right? Pretty much everyone here knows not to sell his/her cards via PWCC since you MIGHT not get “full” market value, but this also means we can’t be hyped/happy about trying to score some cards we could normally never afford? I never said it wasn’t a selfish point of view, but I’m just happy for us collectors that PWCC/auctions exist.

Also; how am i enforcing my own hobby ideals onto others? I clearly stated “I’d just stop with ‘investing’ in Pokémon instead of complaining about these kinds sales” -I never told anyone to do so, just said that I wouldn’t invest in Pokemon [something that has been said by many people here; it’s not healthy to dump your money into these cards and expect them to grow exponentially- most of us just collect for fun]

my last point to make; I also have some quite expensive/rare cards, but I have never owned an eBay account or anything like that. If i would want to liquidate my cards fast [say i’d be dying/having moneyProblems or something like that; can’t imagine selling my cards off any other way :wink: ] I would also choose the PWCC route. I know I won’t get full value, but they save me a lot of hassle/stress stuff; but I would get an decent amount of money back for me/my family. Can imagine that all the people who send cards to PWCC also know this, and won’t have a feeling of being “ripped off” or having the idea that PWCC is giving them a tremendous disservice.

IMO y’all sound so bitter about cards going for lower prices, and I really don’t get why- These are not your cards, the people who send them to PWCC know what’s gonna happen [it’s an auction after all…] + you can still sell your cards at the price you like. These auctions are giving us a chance to get some awesome cards for a discount and having them ending at the same time also allows me to maybe snipe a card instead of all these bigmoney sharks out there trying to get them- If you want higher prices for these sellers then we can start defending the “shill bidding” to right? After all these shill bids protect sellers from selling there cards ‘below market value’…

I really hope my reply wasn’t to negative or that im accusing people of stuff (english is not my native language), and I do get it’s not a smart business model to do it this way. But in the end shouldn’t we all just be happy (and eager) to see all these cards sell via auctions + trying to get some of them instead of being mad about cards going with an discount of 10/20%?

1 Like