PWCC

So PWCC just dumped 3 psa 9 1st Edition Base Charizards onto Ebay. I’m wondering why they would list multiple high dollar cards all at once. Wouldn’t it benefit their customers and their business if they only listed one. These 99 cent auctions are great for buyers, but they drive the value/price of the cards down.

1 Like

Cause they don’t care about their clients. Disgraceful.

1 Like

The 7 and 8 have better centering than the 9s :sob:

I really don’t understand this about PWCC? If I was one of the sellers, I’d be royally pissed off.

2 Likes

Card collecting is SPORTS card collecting. This is how Probstein, PWCC, HA, etc. see the trading card world.

You will rarely see the same card at the same grade auctioned off in the same batch of consignments because in sports nobody grades the same card 1500 times like they do in Pokemon. To them it might just not be worth developing and changing the processes for a handful of cards.

That’s what this stems from.

I have yet to see a PSA 9 1st edition charizard end at an insultingly low price in a PWCC auction. If anything, all these recent “bulk” sales confirm the actual value of this card. If I were a seller, I would personally be more worried about the many other less famous cards that may fly under the radar when so many auctions are posted at once. As a buyer, I love it.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a number of cards sell for more on PWCC than other BIN listings on ebay.

It goes both ways.

3 Likes

Okay… I do get that if you wanna sell your cards you shouldn’t sell 'm with PWCC if you want full value since they do this.

Thing is, everytime PWCC starts with a fresh batch of pokemoncards this ‘problem’ rises up & people start complaining about it- there’s countless threads where this is being discussed.

All in all this is a collection site & we should be happy with a seller like pwcc, so we can score some cards for decent prices (right?)

I love PW for doing this, gives me an oppertunity to get me some E-series cards for a ‘normal’ price- with bestOfferOptions there’s people asking upwards of 100$ for (un)common reverse cards just because they ‘have a low pop’ and supposedly are in demand.

• Agree with @scarecrowman88 that these bulk sales might confirm the actual value of a card instead of a HypedUpFlippersScenario.

I’m starting to think people here hate these ‘lower’ auction prices compared to BIN prices since they might ‘devalue’ their own cards? I couldn’t think of another reason why this pisses so many people off here… And if that’s the case, I’d just stop with ‘investing’ in Pokémon instead of complaining about these kinds sales, there’s way better stuff to pump your money in.

• In some cases it actually sells for more via PWCC as @cosrob mentioned :blush:
6 Likes

I understand the issue but what are they supposed to do? They get multiples of the same ‘big’ cards every month, do people expect them to tell a consigner ‘hey sorry we’re not taking your cards we already have enough of these to list’? The cards will just hit eBay either way if the owner wants to get rid of them.

5 Likes

Looking under sold listings for PWCC, there were two 1st ed PSA 9 Charizard’s that sold in late January at the same time. one sold for $5800 the other sold for $4450. So now that they listed 3 of them at the same time they will most likely end on the lower end of the price range for 1st ed base charizards. Its defiantly a buyers market right now (thats a good thing).

2 Likes

If i recall correctly, the more expensive sale was a thick stamp in a new case, while the other one was a thin stamp in an older case. This should explain some of the difference. All the 3 charizards in the current block are thin stamps and 2 of them are in older cases. Sometimes older grades are more forgiving and if you compare the current auctions both older case charizards show more whitening on the back side. So they might not even grade a 9 if submitted today and will probably fetch a lower price than the new case charizard. We shall see!

I was gonna say the same thing. I watched these two auctions last time. I’ll bet there’s a couple of 1000s of dollar swings in these cards.

I’m not complaining…I’ll be trying to steal one of these. It’s just a bad business model.

1 Like

who the fuck uses them l0l often lots of errors in listings. rather let a cabbage sell my high end cards.

2 Likes

if(card.alreadyExists()){ card.endTime=card.endTime.plusMinutes(10); }

3 Likes

Create a queue and only put one of said cards at auction per auction. Each gets highest possible price for the seller.

Too tough? How about this. Stagger the time when their auctions sell. Put them 30mins to an hour apart at least. IF someone doesn’t win one auction, they can go all in on the next. No one wants to max out their pricepoint on 3 diff copies of the same card simultaneously when they only want to win ONE. It’s common sense, how fucking stupid are the people over there?

3 Likes

The more expensive the card gets, naturally the greater the $ variation based on the strength of the grade (e.g., a +/- 20% variation is just going to look so much more stark when we’re talking $5000 vs. $300). For example, I paid $6000 for one recently (which exceeds the average going price right now), but that’s because it was a very strong 9 (perfect centering, no surface scratches, no silvering, no edge whitening–just one spot of white in the bottom-left corner). Whereas one I have with an older certification (though in a new case) is correctly a 9 based on what I’ve seen overall but also a below-average one (somewhat off top/bottom centering, a couple of very light scratches on the holo, a few tiny specks on a couple of the back corners, but two noticeable spots of whitening along the top edge). If I were to sell that card now (which I have no intention to), I’d probably consider $5000 acceptable.

All of the 9s this time look better than either of the ones listed last time, and 28114947 looks pretty strong–obviously you can’t know for sure without inquiry, but I’m sure some people will bid based purely on the pictures, even for an expensive card.

On the other hand, I’m not sure how much the strength of the grade played into the last PWCC auction. The $4450 sale actually had better centering than the $5800 sale, and the whitening was not significantly worse. It did look like there was a decent amount of scratching on the surface of the $4450 card, though it might have been on the (older) case, and that would have been easy to confirm with PWCC, so who knows. Furthermore, there are nine (!) PSA 9s other than the PWCC listings right now, and there hasn’t been much movement lately, though the prices on those are rather optimistically high.

tl;dr: I have no idea what’s going to happen, but it’ll be interesting to see.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to get fucked by a bad sale don’t list a 4-figure card for $0.99 auction with an agency already notorious for listing duplicates. I personally am not against the PWCC methodology because it helps me collect cards for cheap!

1 Like

It is crazy that they not only list duplicates of some cards, but they have them end about 20 seconds apart! I bid on 2 of the exact same card before, and i ended up winning both…really annoying haha

But anyways, I’m going to be broke come 9 days time, hopefully having completed one of my sets!

Fingers crossed i don’t get stitched up by my wifi dropping in the last 5 seconds again!

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me, lol, a couple months ago i bid a really low amount on a Cool Porygon (JP), and some different amount on the other copy just to make sure i was at least getting one, ended up getting both of them (one really cheap). I was like, oh god, i dont need 2, anyway, paid and sold one. xD!

3 Likes