PWCC Auctions

Hi All,

After browsing around here I seem to notice that PWCC is some sort of gold standard in terms of card pricing. Why is that? What is different about their auctions versus regular ebay auctions? Can buyers not commit to paying their auctions? I guess i’m also a bit shocked at some of the current bids. For example, there are two PSA 10 unlimited base Charizards at 5600 and 5700 with 3 days left!! I have not really been following this card but last I heard it was around 4000.

I have only recently started to use them, and am quite pleased with the results and quality of their service.

Their auctions are regular ebay auctions, I believe the difference is that they drive a lot more traffic due to being widely known in the collectibles world. Individual sellers get a lot less exposure and are not able to advertise their scheduled auctions via newsletter.

Buyers may not pay their auctions, but that will prevent them from bidding on future ones. Weird story on this one, I had a PSA 10 Japanese Zard selling for $450, but buyer didn’t pay for it, so PWCC relisted it in their subsequent auction. Ended up selling for $750, ahahah.

That is my limited take on it as I am new to using their services, but pretty sure other forum members can chip in with more information.

1 Like

why are you shocked at the charizard prices? The 9 was 250 4 months ago now its 1,000 (400%).

The 10, with much lower pop and a grail for unlimited cards has been $3,000 and it hasn’t even doubled yet? people are just starting to wake up to it.

let’s talk about every single card hat has tripled or quadrupled rather than singling out a card that hasn’t doubled yet on the auction.

1 Like

Prices change, supply and demand.

I made this a few days ago, slightly different cards but it’s the same idea you’re talking about.

3 Likes

I don’t mean to make this into a Charizard discussion. I’d like more insight on my PWCC inquiry if anyone has more opinions.

1 Like

Pwcc is the gold standard because the actual completed buy rate is very good and it’s actual auctions compared to high BIN listings on eBay that may or may not actually get paid for. Prices are NOT always the highest, however.

1 Like

PWCC is great for higher end cards. Anything else, you will most likely get gouged.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this as well and I’m usually confused by it haha

1 Like

Never had an issue with PWCC; i pretty much wait for the monthly auctions every time to see if there’s anything interesting.

Don’t forget though that their fees don’t cap. I can personally sell a $100k item in my store for $350, an anchor or enterprise can do this for $250. At PWCC that would cost me or them $8,000.

For some though with no eBay experience or feedback and given the higher visibility of PWCC I can see instances where I would say the $8,000 fee is still well worth it and in many cases someone could realistically achieve $8k+ more than they would sell on their own so the fee is essentially nil.

2 Likes

PWCC has more eyes watching than any other auction block in Pokemon, therefore the end prices are a possibly the best reflection of the overall competitive market demand at that moment. The only problem is that it’s pretty easy to shill up items and there is incentive to do so with so many eyeballs watching. I wouldn’t call it a gold standard but it’s probably as close to one as you can get.

4 Likes

Are the store fees that much lower? I know for a regular joe account they cap at $750, I’m surprised a store is less than half that.

For higher volume sellers Anchor and Enterprise are expensive but more than make up for the cost. I believe I pay $300 a month for an anchor store. The fee savings on one high value item more than pays for that subscription cost plus the merchant support customer service is WAY above and beyond the normal ‘international call center’ fun house

As an overseas buyer I try to avoid PWCC if I can as they declare their cards in a way that invites a 10% Safeguarding Duty on top of import/customs - this means you not only pay import and customs, but then also have to pay 10% on top.

That Tom Brady Contenders card on your gram is a beauty! Are you consignment, or owner of all those?

Ooo thanks! So funny story - back in July 2015 I bough the same BGS 9 for $1800 and and sold it a year later for $5400 and thought I was a baller :laughing: well low and behold to rebuy the card last year cost me $18k… :face_with_spiral_eyes: yeahhh should have held onto it from 2015

But yes to answer your question I do own all the items on my IG with plenty of backlog I just try to post 2 new cards a day

1 Like

I think PWCC benefits both the seller & buyer. As a buyer you know you won’t get scammed and as a seller you outsource all the risk that is involved in a sale. Even the fee a seller has to pay to PWCC will most likely be covered by the PWCC premium buyers are willing to pay.

1 Like

Exactly this. There is no chance I’m selling a five or six figure card on eBay with all the scammers out there and having to pay hundreds to ship it “securely” and have it still be stolen by USPS employees. The fee is worth it for the eyeballs and the security. Also their customer service has been top notch to me

1 Like

Yup exactly, good points. Been slowly building up my profile but I do utilize other venues sometimes for higher end stuff due to visibility. Those fees are pretty nuts, wow!