PWCC Locked my Account!

Based on this little story it sounds like you may have been $50 short in your payment, which is why they treated you like a non-paying buyer and why your amount refunded was $50 short.

How this could happen I have no idea. You have to manually enter the amount you want to pay so maybe you were somehow $50 short?

1 Like

I logged in to pay the invoice and they don’t even let me pay for it. Despite emailing me this morning with the link again to pay… PWCC is definitely on their A game

I paid all my 3 cards. Blocked account. Refund not the same amount. Ask them and never got answers. I know many people support PWCC here. This is not a rant, it’s simply a fact. Nothing more, nothing less.

I’m not suggesting they are in the right nor do I think they handled your situation properly. Especially if you were not given answer from them. I’m just offering a possible explanation of how it could have happened. Maybe you did everything 100% right and a bug in their payment system made it look like you didn’t pay the full amount. It just seems that they treated you like a non-paying buyer and also you got an incomplete refund so maybe that’s not a coincidence.

$50 is the wire fee isn’t it? So maybe they just refunded him minus the wire fee. Admittedly the original post isn’t the easiest to follow

4 Likes

The cards may have already moved to another auction and probably aren’t available to even purchase/pay for anymore.

ah perhaps youre the guy who didnt pay for my item (100$ card ) i sold in a couple week ago auction. :rage:

in all seriousness a ban is not worth not paying for one card that you can just easily relist if you didnt want it

This is probably a super unpopular opinion here: if it was an accident, just don’t pay and be more careful next time. Yes it wastes the sellers time, but at the end of the day you shouldn’t have to pay for something you didn’t actually want.

PWCC will ban you for non-paying but anecdotally they will unban you one time.

2 Likes

What’s your ebay username? Asking for a friend

30 Likes

Unpopular as expected…

Maybe I’m different; When I sell a card, I want my customer to be happy with the card and add it into their collection instead of forcing it down their throat if they win my auction.

At the end of the day its a hobby and being an asshole on eBay is a good way to ruin it for another person, who might be struggling somewhere in life. Yes, maybe they should have not bid on the item, but its also possible they had an unexpected bill or something happened; You truly never know and yes it sucks to have to cancel your auction and relist, but for me its better than having someone pay for something that they didn’t want with their hard earned money. Times are tough right now and most customers on eBay probably shouldn’t even be spending their money on cards, but are doing it anyways.

TLDR: I have always approved every cancellation request as a seller when a buyer requests it, no questions asked.

2 Likes

Everything you said can be applied to the seller. “They might be struggling in life”, or surprisingly, the person selling might need money. There is no legitimate defense for a non paying buyer. If money is tight, or they are struggling in life, don’t bid, it’s that simple.

18 Likes

Yeah it can be as well, theres two sides of the same coin. But its an interaction that a seller should always be prepared for when opening an online business or selling account and should be taken into account as well since cancellation requests happen quite frequently in retail/commerce.

1 Like

Nonpaying buyer says what?

19 Likes

I’m getting war flashbacks

The reason the opinion is “unpopular” is because this entire market (and arguably all markets) are built on respecting contracts. The “what’s your ebay username?” comment has to do with you as a buyer, not as a seller. As in, a buyer that doesn’t understand the significance of entering a contract is undesirable.

Maybe you shouldn’t have to sell something at a price you didn’t want when an auction ends. Feel free to cancel it. Maybe the price goes up after you ship it, you shouldn’t have to take that loss if you don’t want to, just force the buyer to send it back. Imagine if any respectable auction house acted like this.

A person’s willingness to fulfill their end of a contract shows whether or not they can be trusted. Breaking a contract means breaking down the value of your word. It means you can’t keep a promise. You see it as an “unpopular opinion”, I see it as someone that I don’t ever want to put trust in to fulfill their end of a deal.

18 Likes

true that was an interesting time for me

Yeah it is a contract for options, but life happens. Yeah I agree as a seller, the listed price is what it sells at, I am sometimes unhappy when my cards go really under market, but idk I just take that into account when wanting to auction instead of bin.

Yes, I was in a bad time at that point. I have reformed though C:

3 Likes

No it is not. It is a binding contract of purchase and sale of goods. Sounds like you’re still misinformed/in denial.

2 Likes

This is from eBay, wish they were much more strict on this

This is from PWCC
PWCC policy

1 Like