Overpaid on Auction :((

I got caught up in the recent PWCC auction and overpaid on a few cards. Fortunately they werent super expensive cards, but its a bad feeling nonetheless. :sob: lol.

This happen to any of you guys?

I was bidding on several but the prices went over what I thought they were worth.

I got lucky in that the next day I found some in the same grade for way lessā€¦

Did max out what my CC limit is on the 1st edition base zard, but was just not enough lol Just glad I could bump it up for a fellow member.

Donā€™t feel too bad about it. Iā€™ve set the all time high on numerous auctions before and those items in some cases are worth double now than what I paid. I am sure things Iā€™ve bought this year will be gotten cheaper than what I paid, thatā€™s fine, worry about the long term not the short.

1 Like

As an AU resident, Im happy to overpay on PWCC auctions so I can get more cards and reduce the need for separate shipping cost of ea item.

I buy almost exclusively from PWCC because of this, I save an insane amount on shipping and no customs fees. The only real exception is when I can pick up multiple items from someone or itā€™s something hard to find and I have no alternative.

Donā€™t feel bad about overpaying. Consider it something to learn from that will help influence future buying decisions :blush:

I use eBayUS purely cos thereā€™s so much more options and shipping to middleman address is free in America or like $3 :blush: then when I ship all items say 16 for example it costs $30-40usd which ainā€™t bad (Iā€™m aussie to)

Ivā€™e had an eye on the e-series cards they had for sale- threw out about 30bids on seperate items (decent biddingprices to) but got outbid on all of them :slightly_frowning_face: seems this auction went very well due to the firstEd charizard + his YT video promoting the auctions

Same here, I had my eyes on the PSA 10 Expedition Blastoise and Alakazam but I was usually the second highest bidder. I got so fed up that I bid double what the next card I wanted was worth and ended up actually paying near that. Definitely had to discipline myself for the rest of the auction.

1 Like

You may have overpaid today but if you hold them for the long run it may work out in your favor :wink:

You can never pay enough for those e-series beautyā€™s :wink:

But seriously: PSA10 on any eseries-set is a score imo! You could have overpaid on worse items, pretty sure these guys keep rising- you will prob. have your money/investment back in about a year :blush:

WOTC be gold

I bid on a few but will only pay for what I feel theyā€™re worth. If someone beats me so be it. Yet to actually win a PWCC auction. Have more luck on cards from UK sellers.

Sorry, it actually wasnā€™t E-series and it was a 9 for a card that isnā€™t in high demand, but weā€™ll see what happens!

I havenā€™t overbid out of frustration, but I have accidentally overbid due to misreading the auction title. For example, I accidentally bought an Unlimited Blaineā€™s Charizard last year when I entered the bid amount I was willing to pay for a 1st ed. Fortunately nobody else bid too high so I got it for a reasonable price! :blush:

Another time I bought a lot of two cards that were PSA 8 and PSA 10. I thought they were both PSA 10 so bid accordingly. Overpaid a bit on that one :slightly_frowning_face:

I definitely have one card I own because I overbid on it. I got caught up in the moment, and then a week later saw the same card go up for a cheaper price. Iā€™m usually a pretty patient person too but I messed up. Now I use it as a way to keep myself on the ground when involved in other auctions. Before an auction ends I ask myself, ā€œHow much am I truly willing or wanting to pay for this?ā€ I punch that amount in a couple seconds before the auction ends and if I lose then oh well. I canā€™t really be upset I lost because I only bid with an amount Iā€™d be happy to pay anyways. Overall, Iā€™m still happy to have this card because I definitely wanted it eventually so itā€™s actually not that bad.

I ran into this until trying Gixen. Now I walk away happy without any stress or emotional attachment to an auction. I put the price I want and donā€™t think about it again. Sometimes itā€™s a nice surprise win, often itā€™s just a matter of being outbid. The good thing is that now every time I win, I feel like Iā€™ve gotten a steal rather than something I might otherwise second guess.

I was watching a PSA 10 GB Dragonite and I noticed it ended about 30$ higher then what I had listed! But then again i noticed some pwcc auction end really high while some end really low.

How do you save on customs fees?

one time I overbid on a auction at PWCC and did a search and found 1 for a cheaper price with a buy it now price. Since it was a rare card I just bought that one too haha. Thug life

2 Likes

PWCC doesnā€™t declare anything at full value, so I donā€™t pay import fees because the declaration is always so low