Pull rates for Gold Stars from EX Blister Packs?

Does anyone know if pull rates are different for blister packs on Gold Stars? I have several EX Deoxys Blister packs that I ran into a few years back that I have kept sealed. One of them is definitely heavier than the others and I am curious if anyone has any data on pull rates for EX’s/Gold Stars.

Thanks! And yes…I know I am stupid for even considering opening any of them up with the scarcity of them, BUT all of us have that bad influencing voice inside that says “What IF I pulled *insert here* card???”

I really would love to have a high grade gold star from EX Deoxys without spending insane amounts of money.

1 Like

To confirm, are these the typical blister packs of cardboard with the plastic window? If so, weights vary between blisters too much to be confident in a *heavy pack*, IMO

It’s not different to a regular box. 1/72 packs would have a gold star. A heavy blister has a 1/24 chance of having a gold star.

1 Like

Good luck, I never pulled a Gold Star in my life back in the day lol :confused: and today I wouldn’t even try with the prices packs are at. I’d say you’ll be better off buying raw, especially if you have money for packs you probably have enough for raw Gold Stars too.

1 Like

Depends on how well you can eat risk and cope with inevitable disappointment. If a high grade gold star from Ex Deoxys is what you want, it makes more sense to sell something you want less, i.e. the blisters, and put the money towards a PSA 8/9 of the gold star you want. Bearing in mind PSA 8-9 is most likely the condition you’d find any given pack-fresh holo from that set if you *were* lucky enough to pull one yourself.

2 Likes

… or just yolo it bro!

2 Likes