Pokemon Breakthrough Pull Ratios?

So I couldn’t find a breakthrough pull ratios anywhere. Here is what I’ve seen.

Average Booster Box
2-3 Ex/Mega Ex
2 Breaks
1-2 FA’s

Breaks take the spot of a reverse in a pack. So I;m thinking weights are really low on them. Alittle higher than non-holo packs. I don’t really care to pull Breaks anyway as they are so cheap. But, my problem is that they count towards the 12 holo spots in a booster box…

Retail Blisters…
Don’t even get me started here. The pull ratios are absolutely horrible. Let’s take the Walmart I work at for example. I’ve opened 20 Blisters packs from the 94 on the shelf. These were “weighed” packs. I only pulled Houndoom FA, Mewtwo FA, M-Glailie Ex, Houndoom Ex, and M-Mewtwo Ex. So I pulled one box worth of Ultra’s minus the Break cards. Yet, there are almost 3 booster boxes worth of packs here. I pulled 7 Holo’s here aswell. So a total of 12 Holo’s or Better. Also, I bought the packs before anyone else got to them.

I’m starting to think buying singles is the way to go in this set. They aren’t even that Expensive… The most expensive FA is around $20-$22.

Anyone else suffer horrible pull ratios like this? Which is comparable to Next Destinies, Dark Explorers, Dragons Exalted, Plasma Storm/Freeze/Blast.

1 Like

Well your results are skewed and useless because you weighed the packs, so it can’t be cited as a reason to think that others may have had the same results.

13 Likes

If I’m not mistaken isn’t buying singles generally cheaper than buying boxes or even weighing blisters? I know some people pay the extra money on sealed product since they are grading cards and it’s often hard to find gradeable quality ones online.

As well, that’s pretty weird for you to be a walmart employee scaling things before people even get to touch them =S. You should know that wal mart blisters usually have some security tags so hopefully you separated these into their own piles.

That’s why I prefer to pull them. Because I grade them and try to get Gem-Mint 10’s for my collection.

Yes let’s all give our input on the pull rate of this set to help further your dishonest way of collecting.

7 Likes

I had really good pull ratios. It was slightly less than 1 in 5 if you count breaks. There was one day where about 12 cases where opened and all stacked in piles before sorting. The full arts and regular arts had almost the exact same height. The Breaks were only marginally higher.

I opened a lot of the sleeved boosters, single blister, and 3-pack blisters. All seemed to have consistent pulls. Recent sets have been very generous on pulls, nothing like BW sets and still much better than the first XY sets.

I have been meaning to ask you this. I open about 1-2 cases of each set and then a few of the “collection” boxes that come with 4 packs and a jumbo or a figure. Do you notice significantly different pull rates for packs in cases vs packs in these collections vs packs in ETB’s? Since I only do a case of everything, I can’t really say with any significance if there is a difference, though in my small sample size it almost seems better in the collection boxes than the ETB or booster cases.

I really hope one day you grow up @blastoiserules1.

1 Like

6 Likes

15 Boosters: 6UR,3HR

I Agree 100%

I am usually for hearing both sides, but we’ve heard enough out of the pack-weighers. It’s going to ridiculous lengths now too, I can’t even watch a youtube pack opening video without the packs being weighed. I would say just about anyone on youtube who knows about pack weighing does it now. Pretty sad.

In the alternative we could make a sticky thread about the dangers about pack-weighing in the long term.

Of the 94 blisters, you weighed 20. Holo/better is 1 in 3 packs. Lets assume 31 chase cards in the 94 packs your store got. There are about 10 packs left in 74 that will have something for kids/honest people.

Goodguy Blastoise strikes again.

I think they all roughly come out the same. I have had better luck with elite trainer boxes before, but nothing significant. There have been collections boxes that I open up that have almost all of the same UR cards. That happened before with both Mega Charizard and Mega Manectric. I am just glad it wasn’t Magnezone and Heracross

1 Like

I feel like he weighed them all and then found 20 good enough to buy.

That’s what I’m getting at. The good guy part was sarcasm lmao

1 Like